Summit exhaust kit Hooker Competition recommendations

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to get some reviews/experience with this kit.
I want to use it together with TTI 340 head pipes and oem hipo manifolds.
Reason for mixing 2 brands is simply cost.
Ordering complete from TTI isn't an option. Unreal shipping costs and budget.
Summit only offers "header back" systems. I'm going oem manifolds, so no direct bolt on from Summit.
How far off would connection to headpipe and "Hooker header hookup" on Summit kit?
I want as stock as.possible, no x or h. Straight duals. Current ex on car(67 cuda) is 2" and dual.
Thanks
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-680144

TTI link
Exhaust_Parts

About 2.5 feet header to stock flange drivers side
about 2 feet pass side
How long are thetti head pipes?
only pic i see is big block H/pipes

Thanks, A25EP is TTI part #, for 67-76 Abody. They're listed partway down page $234/pr.
I don't see any dimensions?
Your measurements are 2.5' from end of header to drive side ex port? Same with pass side?
Thanks
About 2.5 feet header to stock flange drivers side
about 2 feet pass side
How long are thetti head pipes?
only pic i see is big block H/pipes

Thanks, A25EP is TTI part #, for 67-76 Abody. They're listed partway down page $234/pr.
I don't see any dimensions?
Your measurements are 2.5' from end of header to drive side ex port? Same with pass side?
Thanks
about 2 feet on the pass side
drivers side header is longer by about 6 inches or so
call and ask how long there head pipes are

The TTI 340 manifold head pipes I used to have on my car ended just past the trans cross member. When I swapped to TTI headers a 8 - 10 inch extension from the collect was needed to hook up to where the manifolds were

If you zoom in you can see where the H Pipe bulges just after the trans cross member. The TTI head pipes slid in back there. I welded grinded the H Pipe to collector pipe connection which is forward of cross member hard to see where those join....

PXL_20240216_235936745.jpg

I did the exact same set up as you are trying, had to buy an extra 1' of exhaust tubing from the parts store.
I added header collecters to the end of the tti head pipes and connected it to the summit system, to allow clutch changes etc.

-
Back