Summit exhaust kit

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Has anybody used the A-body 2.50" mandrell bent exhaust kit with mufflers from Summit.$199.00,sounds like a good deal.
How are the mufflers?
I want to do the exhaust on my 70 318 Dart,looking for a nice rumble.

Any tips appreciated.

I've got one on my 72 Valiant. If you're on a small budget like me I think it worked out great. The mufflers are cheap but aren't to bad. When I measured them they were really close to the same size as Flowmaster's. I have Hooker"s (dents and all) so they bolted up without to much trouble. If you can lift the car up level it really helps. I found out the hard way. Good Luck.

I used that kit on my 72 duster. Worked out really good, but i also used a set of summit brand race mufflers instead of those turbo style mufflers. Sounds real good and at $32.00 a piece I got that flowmaster type rumble at 1/2 the price.

Thanks for the help guys.
I am trying to figure out which way to go.I have a set of Hookers,but headers sound like a nightmare to install,plus the shifter linkage will have to be modified.My friend has a set of 340 manifolds I am trying to talk him out of.TTI's would be nice,mucho denaro though.Local muffler guy who has done work for me before gave me a qoute for $375.00 for a single exhust,flow master set-up.Seems like dual is the ticket.
I'm rambling on here,just want to do it once on a medium budget.

I used the summit kit on my 68 Coronet. the back half fit pretty good but had to cut and weld the front (I've got summit headers not the hookers they recommend) I think the mufflers are too quiet tho and would probably use flowmasters or similar if i redid it

No, not a nightmare to install. Actually, I thought it was easy. It wasn't perfect, but it was just a simple plan that worked well. Each pipe is for a side. Slide it in and work your way on back. When you get to the muffler, you a jack stand or milk create to hold up the muffler and then go over the axle and finish up.
Once you have it where you want it, tucked up and out of the way, clamp it down or weld it.

-
Back