Summit headers

-

bamadart

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Summit #SUM-G9064-1 block huggers on an A body? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

i have not used them but i have used the one for a small block chevy ..They were good heavy flanges but the corrector after the header was kinda wimpy..and yes it needed 2 flang gaskets to stop from leaking...I only mention this to say if they are sourced from same MFG.It might be likely that they would be made with similar quality regardless of application......Hope this helps.

Arco

Ive saw the other discussions but was offered a good deal on the summit ones...ive got a set of 340 manifolds but not willing to pay the price for the head pipes to use them and none of the exhaust guys around here will try it

I can't tell you if they'll fit your car or not, but that's the header I used in my car. The quality is good enough, I'm glad they're selling them again. They weren't listed a while ago.

Not gonna work . will not clear the steering box manual or power.
you need these or the sandersons .
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-78500/
There's all ready quite a long thread going about the hedman's.

X2 I messed up when I started my TT Project and ordered those headers. No way will they fit.
However I used the Hedmans and they fit very well.

that's what I like about this site, always somebody with good information, thanks guys, by the way, do you happen to know the hedman part #

I bought the cheep $140.00 dollars ones and they worked fine on my duster. I have a 340 with power steering, no problem just close. I did spend the money on good copper gaskets though. Good luck!

Thanks jrlegacy23, I've got a set of the low hung coated headers on it now but they are getting pretty banged up

-
Back