Summit knock off Carbs

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
I am running a 750 Summit Carb, seems OK, anyone else running them?

What are you experiences with them.

I run the 600 street/strip on my teen, seems to be a flawless carb so far.

i'm pretty happy with the summit 600 cfm unit on my mild 360.It worked good right out of the box.However I often wonder about what sort of longevity I can expect from it as some of the tolerances seem fairly sloppy. Most notably the idle bleed screws and the idle speed adjustment screw.

I run the 750 mechanical secondary model on my Duster bracket car. I removed the choke mechanism and had to change out the jets for larger ones in my application. No problems so far after 2 seasons. Runs low 12s.

I think most of the "Summit brand" stuff is made by big names and they let Summit put their name on it. The carbs are probably made by Edelbrock and Holley. Their fuel pumps look like they are Holley.

The Summit brand remans are priced right too.

The Summit MO8600VS and MO8750VS are based on the Ford Autolite carb of the 60's and people that have bought them are pleased with the price and how they work for a street car right out of the box.A shop near me has used them on a few street rods and talk them up and customers are happy with no come backs.

I've got one of their Holley knockoffs on my Duster- runs well but won't start when hot (I have to turn off the fuel pump and let the car run out of gas- then it'll fire right up). But I haven't really messed around with adjusting it to see if I could get rid of the issue.

I have a spacer, but not the HVH. The Air Gap does very well with a 1" spacer, but watch your hood clearance. I forget how much the actual gain is from a spacer, but it's quite a bit considering the cost.

-
Back