Summit Plug Wires - Long Enough for BB???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I need to make set of plug wires for a stock 400 for my 66 Dart. I'm trying to go cheap now because I'll likely have to make a different set once I put the 470 in it w/ angled plug heads and custom headers.

Have any of you guys used these Summit plug wires on a big block? Summit Racing SUM-860825R Summit Racing™ 8mm Ignition Wires | Summit Racing

I'm wondering if they're long enough to reach cyl #5 and #7 and others. I called Summit and they do not have the lengths of the wires. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

from the summit website:

Notes:

Coil wire measures 25 5/8 in. long....

And from this image I assume the coil wire has the black boot so all other wires are longer than 25 5/8" ( you could even estimate the lengths from the photo.)

upload_2021-12-4_9-53-17.png

I saw that about the coil wire. Based on my estimate from the photo, some of them may be borderline. That's why I figured I'd ask if anyone's run these on a big block. Specifically, I'll be routing them from the front under the exhaust.

Buy plug wire in bulk. Make your own up. That way you can make them as long or short as you want.

I don't know about that part #, but I bought summit sum-G819, Mopar big block specific, pre- assembled, in blue. I haven't used them yet, the old Taylor's seem good yet
The coil wire is 15 1/2
The wire set has five 90° boots, and three straights. The three longest are
1. 90° 60"
2. Straight boot 59"
3. Straight boot, 52"
I am impressed with the quality, I would buy again.

Last edited:
-
Back