Summit Racing shipping

-
True to a point. If you ordered on a Friday, it shouldn’t go out till Monday, if that’s how FedUp is gonna give a delivery date then all would be good. Now when crap like this happens, it screws they person ordering, expecting parts to show up on a certain day, and then come to find out it’s a rescheduled day because FedUp never showed up to get said packag.

Again, don’t send tracking info till it’s in the shippers hands and then there wouldn’t be any confusion, or people upset.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :lol:
True to a point. If you ordered on a Friday, it shouldn’t go out till Monday, if that’s how FedUp is gonna give a delivery date then all would be good. Now when crap like this happens, it screws they person ordering, expecting parts to show up on a certain day, and then come to find out it’s a rescheduled day because FedUp never showed up to get said packag.

Again, don’t send tracking info till it’s in the shippers hands and then there wouldn’t be any confusion, or people upset.

I love summit. Never had an issue from them and since they opened a new warehouse in texas, I get most things within 24 hours. Jegs is usually a little higher price over summit. Price matching is a waste of my time I just go to summit in the first place.

This isn’t an individual carrying a package by hand into the post office. This is a massive company selling and shipping thousands of parts a day, with all of it taking place via computer software and some other companies deliver trucks.

When Summit sends you that email, FedEx has taken responsibility for the shipment, whether you choose to believe it or not. Summit is just telling you what FedEx said they would do. They’re giving you the FedEx tracking number and the FedEx delivery schedule. They’re doing that as part of their customer service too, they don’t have to. They could just say the order was processed and to wait 5-10 business days like it used to be before online tracking.

At that point, it IS in the hands of the shipper as far as Summit is concerned. The order has been processed, the shipping carrier is on the hook. Sitting on their loading dock maybe, but that’s really no different than scheduling a pick up with USPS and leaving your package to be shipped on the porch. If the mailman comes a couple hours late is that your fault? Still sitting on your porch after all, even though there’s already a tracking number and delivery estimate. Same thing.

Change suppliers if you want, Jegs does it the same way. So does rockauto or any other large parts supplier for that matter. They all use software and contracts with shipping services to meet their delivery windows. If you think the same thing can’t/won’t happen to you at another business, you’re just being naive. Summit has great service overall. They’re not perfect, but no one is.

First world problems as they say, couple of grown men whining about not getting their parts the next day and having to wait through the weekend. Good grief.

You've got quite the grip on those Summit nuts, give it a rest.
You ain't changing my mind.

First world problems as they say, couple of grown men whining about not getting their parts the next day and having to wait through the weekend. Good grief.
Quite right...sounds very similar to millennials and new agers that whine when they don't get instant gratification from their smart phones.

“What do you mean I have to wait 45 mins to get a pizza delivered to my front door? Why isn’t it cooked already? I mean, c’mon...they said most orders are delivered in 30 mins...”

Reading comprehension is hard...
Tell me how any of this affects you.
Say what you mean, mean what you say.
Who's whining here? Me? Because I decided to spend my money elsewhere?
Or the triggered in here, pissed because a complete stranger spends his money where he chooses?
I'm far from a mellinial by the way.

didn't read every post thoroughly, but the carrier creates the tracking number and info attached to it. All the company (Summit or Jegs) can do is have it ready to be picked up. As far as where people shop, totally up to them. I couldn't give care....

Reading comprehension is hard...
Tell me how any of this affects you.
Say what you mean, mean what you say.
Who's whining here? Me? Because I decided to spend my money elsewhere?
Or the triggered in here, pissed because a complete stranger spends his money where he chooses?
I'm far from a mellinial by the way.
You are the one that made it about you. I did not respond to you nor did the previous post. Yet somehow, you have decided the replies were directed towards you.

Do what you want, I really don’t care.

Like I said....reading comprehension is hard.
You are the one that made it about you. I did not respond to you nor did the previous post. Yet somehow, you have decided the replies were directed towards you.

Do what you want, I really don’t care.
Go swing your purse at someone else.

Apologies to the OP for the detail that ensued after my post. Shame on me for stating my opinion. I should feel bad.

Opinions are just that, and everyone is allowed to have theirs. No need to argue over something that can change days, minutes or even seconds later.

Carry on gentlemen.

It's pretty crazy, I'm pretty sure you can get a card these days if you got something in your eye....oh the trama!

And holy ****! This thread went sideways!

And holy ****! This thread went sideways!
Yeah yellow rose does that everywhere here on the Forum he's always sidetracking threads....
Next thing you know he'll be talking about snowmobiles and we won't ever get him to shut up!

-
Back