Summit Vs ?

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
I live in Canada and i am thinking of ordering a bunch of parts from summit! it will total about 2500 dollars. is summit a good spot to deal with and would i be better of shipping to a US address and picking it up or get it shipped to my door in Canada?

I would say that Summit is a pretty safe choice as far as major warehouses to order parts from. Depending on what parts you are ordering you may find that they will be cheaper if you order them directly from the source. I know that Lunati parts, for example, are usually cheaper coming from them than through Summit. As far as Canada shipping I wouldn't have any idea about that. Point in case, it helps to shop around for pricing even if it means you have to order from 2 or 3 different companies.

If You Can Have It Shipped Close Enough Within The States And Pic Them Up Do It. This Will Save You Large Amounts Of Coin. First The Shipping Will Be Double. Then Brokers Fees Will Scare You On That Amount Of Money. Then Theres The Drastic Duty Charge. I Have A Friend Thats A Snowbird And I Have Everthing Shiped To His Place He Stays At In Florida. He Just Brings It Back In April And Hides It In His 5TH Wheel Trailer. Its Saved Me Last Year About $500.

I've dealt with summit with no problems either shipping to my home. Remember tho you'll have to pay duty, GST and sometimes brokerage (if it's big) on the stuff from the states so if you can wing it ship to a US address and throw the stuff in the trunk. Hopefully nobody from Canada Customs is listening in or I'm going straight to hell. Actually they can all go to hell, bunch of greedy **@'s

Terry

I ship to a US address to avoid the brokerage fees, if it is made in the USA, there is no duty to pay. I always declair what I buy to avoid the risk of loosing my parts and or anything else!! In most cases, they appreciate the honesty and let you go and there are no issues. You are saving on the brokerage fee and time stuck in customs. You decied what works for you.

All the above is true.

I've ordered from Summit myself. Dont let them talk you into shipping it to your door. As was said,brokerage fees will be costly and shipping will be stupid. There is a post office across the line about 10 minutes from me. I ship there,pay the $3 fee and bring it across myself. Saves a ton of money

It's too bad Canadian companies either choose not to be competitive or they cant beat the deals.

Exchange is good right now. If you can set the shipping up so it can be brought across by someone you know,it might be worth while.

I recently bought an acoustic guitar pickup from a websight called musicians friend. The shipping header said anything over $99 and shipping is free. Well,I didn't read the fine print which said free to lower 48 states. Got nailed for $32 shipping and then I tried to change the shipping address or cancel alltogether. They refused.Well the 1.1 lb package got to Canada and I got nailed for taxes(I expected that) and another $10 broker fee. All told shipping cost $43 for a 1.1 lb item.

Buyer Beware! I wont deal with Musicians rapist again thats for sure.

I have always had good service from Summit. I even bought some header gaskets (the junk copper ones) and didn't get around to using them for a year and they didn't seal up good at all so I called Summit and they said no problem they'd give me my money back.

The only problem I have noticed lately is their website is chocked full of errors. Make sure you know what you need so you get the right parts. Mancini racing has a good website and I usually compare their prices against Summit's and also verify the part numbers so I know I'm getting what I need.

I just ordered some more stuff from Summit last week. I had my order in 4 days.... But I've also had similar service from Jegs.

Some advice? Compare what your buying against each other. If you shop wisely, you can usually get something either half price or for free when it's a large order. In the past by price comparing I was able to get about $25 off of my purchase after all costs are calculated by ordering from the both of them at once.

Hey...$25 is $25.

in the last mo. i have placed several order with summit there service is oustanding and when i have found a lower price on line that the order person can verify summit has mached it

Just avoid UPS for shipping if you can. Post is the best if they will take it based on the size and weight of it.

When i've bought something from someone in Canada they declare it *** a gift to me so it don't get duty tax. Don't know about going the other way. Summit does good and they will match prices of others.

-
Back