'Sup Dawgs..........!?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
... just kidding, I don't really talk like that. I'm much too nerdy.

Hi everyone, some of you may know me from Moparchat.com as MOPEkid. I decided to change it up a bit with the name though, since I am MOPEkid at Moparchat.com and allpar.com. I've got a '70 Duster 318, 904 auto in a faded, cracked gold color I got a couple months ago. I recently got the HVAC controls working and finally figured out how the accelerator pump on the BBD is supposed to work, not to mention corrected the base timing from 5 ATDC to 10 BTDC. It's tons of fun, and it sure beats getting something like my friends' Hondas or Subarus:pukeleft:. Hope I have a good time here!

Welcome to da group. ummm yea. Hey it soiunds like you been busy with the project already. Hope you enjoy FABO as mush as I have

Alright, here's some pics.

This is the car when I first got it. Still had the ugly-@$$ wheel covers.

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

Here's the car now with new rear tires, cop-car hubcaps, and repainted rear wheels.

DSC00835.jpg

Got it for $3000, which might be a little high, but the only rust on the car is in the trunk where the spare goes.

Welcome,

I'm also a member of MC, lately I've been here more then there.

Nice project!

he only rust on the car is in the trunk where the spare goes.
Very common area for rust, very rare that it did not spread to the other parts of the trunk. 1970-72 Duster's are known for that. CA or AZ car?

great staring point, love the bullet caps. 3k for a 318 with A/C and little rust? I'd say you gotta deal.

Welcome,

I'm also a member of MC, lately I've been here more then there.

Nice project!

Very common area for rust, very rare that it did not spread to the other parts of the trunk. 1970-72 Duster's are known for that. CA or AZ car?

It's originally a California car. Some old lady drove it here to Colorado some years ago, and decided to sell it to the previous owner because she needed something better for the weather and terrain.

First I'm going to put a 4-bbl (ThermoQuad and '83 truck 360 manifold) and dual exhaust on the 318 for now. Once that is done I'm going to build up a nice 360 and an A-833 made to run OD, and swap in large-bolt-patter spindles and an 8 1/4" along with better brakes. I also want to fix up the body and repaint it a dark metallic blue/purple color with white side-stripes, and a blacked-out fiberglass hood with dual hood scoops and a Go-Wing. To finish it off I'd get a set of Torq-Thrust wheels and some nice wide BFG Radial T/A's. Before I can do any of that though I need to get a job, which is tough in my little town.

WOW it looks alot better with the new rims and tires. :thumbup:

Good, I'm glad. Nobody I'm around really gets it. My 28-year-old uncle visited from Boston last week and he was like, "So yeah, are you going to get some nice big rims for it?" I just looked at him and said, "Only if I wanted to make the car look terrible. The only rims I'd get are 15" Chrysler Rallyes or some Torq-Thrusts if I had the money." Some people have no taste in old cars. BTW that uncle wants to get a late-model BMW as a nice car; I guess he likes looking like a stuck-up rich boy (don't get me wrong, I love my uncle though, he's a fun guy).

Nice to see the younger guys get into the hobby/sport. It doesn't matter if "they" don't get it, 'cause we do!

Welcome aboard kid. Thats a great project you have. The best projects are the ones you can drive, while working on them.

-
Back