Supension Required upgrade for Duster '76 440 BB RB

-

luis hidrogo

Plymouth Duster 1976
Reaction score
Good evening to all you Mopar Lovers, I am new to this of classic cars and i am really loving it each part i buy for my Plymouth duster is like getting a new toy. this car is a gift my Grandpa let for me before he past away so it something i am doing for him.

I already have a 440 BB with Schumacher headers and brackets with a 727 transmission.

This car has factory front disk brakes and drum brakes back( i am sure most of you guys already know this because of the knowledge i see you have). I have read lots of treads and it just get me more confused with all the technical terms.

I want to know if you can help me to know what modifications do I require in suspension front and back, i read that disk brakes is a must but i don't know if factory is enough. I don't see it has springs.

In the rear i also read i will require a different rear end and that a good option is the 8 3/4 with a 3.73 but honestly this is completely put of my knowledge. I want this car for street performance and want it to run good in the high way.

Any suggestions will be accepted and applied.

thank you in advance

20171014_121437.jpg

20171014_121451.jpg

IMG-20200418-WA0003.jpg

received_10213713945275523.jpeg

Screenshot_20200811-233059_Facebook.jpg

front brakes will be ok rearend if it is a 8.25 will hold up for awhile depends on if you street or race put 8.75 when you can new shocks good to go adjust torsion bars extra weight will bring it down

Here is what I did on a 74 Dart with a 440
Has factory front brakes
PST 1.03 bar is a must along with all new suspension bushings. Front sway bar. I have a 8.25 rear (good for around 500 hp) 3.55 track lock out of a jeep, stole the rear disk brakes also from the donor, works great. Upgraded Master, is a PB car to start. Have to modify the heater blower motor (good links in the how to area on this).
Basically that is what I did. If you use the tri y headers strongly suggest making a access plate for the spark plugs on 4&6 cylenders, very hard to get to.

OH yeah a tork strap or you will be hitting the Passenger inner fender for sure.

Here is what I did on a 74 Dart with a 440
Has factory front brakes
PST 1.03 bar is a must along with all new suspension bushings. Front sway bar. I have a 8.25 rear (good for around 500 hp) 3.55 track lock out of a jeep, stole the rear disk brakes also from the donor, works great. Upgraded Master, is a PB car to start. Have to modify the heater blower motor (good links in the how to area on this).
Basically that is what I did. If you use the tri y headers strongly suggest making a access plate for the spark plugs on 4&6 cylenders, very hard to get to.

Thank you very much for the information, does fitting the jeep parts require big modifications?

-
Back