Super 6 components (cables) questions.

-

Tony406

Reaction score
I have my 64 Plymouth 225 Super6 set up, except for the throttle cable, kickdown linkage, and early A-body v8 petal assembaly.

Is this all I need to finish the conversion?

Also, will a Lokar kickdown, or any of the kickdowns on ebay, work with a Carterl BBD Super6 set up on a 904 pushbutton automatic?

There are a few on ebay that i think might work when I searched "mopar" or "chrystler 904 kickdown"?

As always thanks for any input.
-Cheers

I have my 64 Plymouth 225 Super6 set up, except for the throttle cable, kickdown linkage, and early A-body v8 petal assembaly.

Is this all I need to finish the conversion?

Also, will a Lokar kickdown, or any of the kickdowns on ebay, work with a Carterl BBD Super6 set up on a 904 pushbutton automatic?

There are a few on ebay that i think might work when I searched "mopar" or "chrystler 904 kickdown"?

As always thanks for any input.
-Cheers

I Used the lokar kickdown on my 63 valiant and it works great. It Should be fine with the BBD if you can find the actual super six kickdown. I had to make a carb plate adapter to hold both throttle and kickdown, as well as an adapter to put on the carb throttle because the angles weren't offset enough for the kick down to work right.

Jake.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Tony, if the calbe your thinking of off Ebay says "gearhead" or gear something, it's not very well made. The mounts are palsticy and the cable itself frays apart. I took mine out of the box, ruined it trying to install it, then threw it away. It was about $25.00

I Used the lokar kickdown on my 63 valiant and it works great. It Should be fine with the BBD if you can find the actual super six kickdown. I had to make a carb plate adapter to hold both throttle and kickdown, as well as an adapter to put on the carb throttle because the angles weren't offset enough for the kick down to work right.

Jake.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Could we possibly get a pic of your setup Jake? I'm currently making one out of aluminum angle for my holley 2300 and I'm always curious to see others innovations.

-
Back