Super 6 Set UP

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
I am being offered a Super 6 intake, carburetor, and air cleaner from a 225 slant with a 4 speed manual attached. Will this be a problem installing on my 64 Dart GT with 225 and 904 pushbutton transmission. What do I need for an easy install? I am concerned about the kickdown linkage, will this be a problem? I do believe that my factory exhaust manifold does not need to be changed. Should I ask for all of the mounting hardware. And, what should I offer the seller for a fair price?

I am being offered a Super 6 intake, carburetor, and air cleaner from a 225 slant with a 4 speed manual attached. Will this be a problem installing on my 64 Dart GT with 225 and 904 pushbutton transmission. What do I need for an easy install? I am concerned about the kickdown linkage, will this be a problem? I do believe that my factory exhaust manifold does not need to be changed. Should I ask for all of the mounting hardware. And, what should I offer the seller for a fair price?
Just convert it to. 4 speed. Better mileage and more fun. But yeah it will not work you will need to swap over to the lokar set up. No kick down linkage you'll fry the trans in a couple of months, What ever you do buchollion set will not work it only works on 67 and up with four barrels, you have to modify the floor and bracket to make it work on the early abody with two barrels waste of time.

I made a simple bracket which you do not have to change anything it's plug and play stock rod linkage set up and all.

IMG_0757.JPG

Just convert it to. 4 speed. Better mileage and more fun. But yeah it will not work you will need to swap over to the lokar set up. No kick down linkage you'll fry the trans in a couple of months, What ever you do buchollion set will not work it only works on 67 and up with four barrels, you have to modify the floor and bracket to make it work on the early abody with two barrels waste of time.
The transmission and engine are from a truck, so I do not believe the transmission will fit.

The earlier pan and pick up will need to be swapped over. I'm not sure on the trans

That trans is the long B and E body O/D. I have run the F Body slant O/D setup in a 64 Barracuda and a 170 with the super six intake and carb. Ran real sweet.

i dunno how much your paying the set up but, If i were you i would just mill your head if its stock .100 and recurve the dizzy before upgrading to super six, more gains that way economy torque hp.

If I read this correct, you are being offered a 2bbl carb, 2bbl intake, and an aircleaner off a a 225 slant with manual trans. If that is the case, you are correct. You can use your current exhaust manifold. I am assuming you currently have a slant without A/C in your car now. So, your current gas pedal assembly and kickdown linkage will not work with the new set up. Yes, ask for all the hardware! You will need a gas pedal assembly from an early A-body V8 or from an early A slant that had A/C. In addition, you will need a new throttle cable, and a means to utilize the kickdown function. I used a Lokar throttle and kickdown assembly. It is a fairly easy to install, and has worked well for me. I can't help you with a price for what you are being offered. There are lots of conversations on this forum explaining this whole process. Good luck!

-
Back