Super Six 2bbl or Hyper-Pak 4bbl in 270 Dart w/225ci

-

66dart225ci

Reaction score
What would you recommend installing a carb for a 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Slant 6 w/225ci ?? Either Super Six 2bbl or Hyper-Pak 4bbl and why would you choose this carb

It depends on your overall package and intended use.
Check out Rusty Ray Rods ,"Guide to Hot Rodding Bliss "

How radical is the build? Closer to stock, choose the Super Six two barrel setup. More radical, a small four barrel will work well. I have a Quick Fuel 450 vacuum secondary four barrel on mine and it sucks it down like a ten dollar hooker. I also have 10.5:1 compression, a BIG solid lifter cam (for a slant 6) and highly modified exhaust manifold with 2.5" exhaust all the way back.

How radical is the build? Closer to stock, choose the Super Six two barrel setup. More radical, a small four barrel will work well. I have a Quick Fuel 450 vacuum secondary four barrel on mine and it sucks it down like a ten dollar hooker. I also have 10.5:1 compression, a BIG solid lifter cam (for a slant 6) and highly modified exhaust manifold with 2.5" exhaust all the way back.
Currently the car is stock. I might be adding a bolt on supercharger into the build but it’s not for sure yet. Now given the supercharger option, would you say the four-barrel would be better carb for that application?

Currently the car is stock. I might be adding a bolt on supercharger into the build but it’s not for sure yet. Now given the supercharger option, would you say the four-barrel would be better carb for that application?
I think it would work well either way. If you go two barrel with a blower, I would use the Holley 2300 series 500 CFM. Four barrel and the little 450 I spoke about would work well.

I think it would work well either way. If you go two barrel with a blower, I would use the Holley 2300 series 500 CFM. Four barrel and the little 450 I spoke about would work well.
I wasn’t planning on doing a blower because of the hood modifications that obv need to be done. Do you know if the stock air filter will bolt up to the 2 or the 4 bbl?

I wasn’t planning on doing a blower because of the hood modifications that obv need to be done. Do you know if the stock air filter will bolt up to the 2 or the 4 bbl?
Don't need hood mods with a TorqStorm blower.

Research the Holley 500 and how they were flowed for CFM. It's Not 500 CFM on a wet flow as Carter, which I have read (disclaimer) were more accurate.

the 2bbl carb is the path of least resistance, but know going in that the throttle cable bracket will need tweaked/modded or fabbed up. the same for trans kick down if you're running an auto.

the super six set up with electronic igniton and a well tuned engine is a nice combo. if you've got a little bit of gear it's a good little ripper in a light car.

if you're planning forced induction, skip ahead to 4bbl. more tuning parts and info available from the jump.

If you really want to go for it,do as another member here in FL that has a 170 with stock internals that he has put a 225 nitrous kit on .maybe build it to cruise and have a surprise, hello, button

If you really want to go for it,do as another member here in FL that has a 170 with stock internals that he has put a 225 nitrous kit on .maybe build it to cruise and have a surprise, hello, button
Man, nitrous with stock internals? That’s brave! I can see a hole in the hood happening if your not careful with that one lol

the 2bbl carb is the path of least resistance, but know going in that the throttle cable bracket will need tweaked/modded or fabbed up. the same for trans kick down if you're running an auto.

the super six set up with electronic igniton and a well tuned engine is a nice combo. if you've got a little bit of gear it's a good little ripper in a light car.

if you're planning forced induction, skip ahead to 4bbl. more tuning parts and info available from the jump.

So with the 2 bbl Super Six setup, I thought it would be a direct fit because it was previously used on the 225ci Slant Six wasn’t it? And if it’s not a direct fit and needs modding is the performance gains really worth it? Because I’ve had people offer the option of staying stock with the single barrel carb. In that case, if I stayed stock I’d just send the carb out to have it rebuilt and tuned. What do u think?

So with the 2 bbl Super Six setup, I thought it would be a direct fit because it was previously used on the 225ci Slant Six wasn’t it? And if it’s not a direct fit and needs modding is the performance gains really worth it? Because I’ve had people offer the option of staying stock with the single barrel carb. In that case, if I stayed stock I’d just send the carb out to have it rebuilt and tuned. What do u think?
it's essentially as close to a bolt on performance upgrade as you're going to get, so long as you have all of the correct peripheral components.

if you're still throttle rod, you'll need to upgrade to cable to begin with.

the carbs are oriented differently, hence the need for different throttle cable bracket and the kick down between the 1bbl and 2bbl is different.

as far as performance gains, i'd personally say it's worth it.

when you talk about sending out the carb and having it rebuilt and tuned, what are you talking about? tuned for what? if it's staying stock a basic rebuild wouldn't require any tuning beyond dialing in the idle a/f mix and setting the idle speed and choke.

is the car currently running and you're planning upgrades or are you starting from a point where the car is a non running project?

Man, nitrous with stock internals? That’s brave! I can see a hole in the hood happening if your not careful with that one lol
No it ain't. You ever seen a forged steel slant 6 crankshaft? Looks like something outta Fred Flintstone's car. They are REAL heavy duty. lol

It'll be a direct fit IF you use all the stock Super Six stuff.......which is like HEN'S TEETH to find. If you're skeered of a little fab work here and there, maybe leave it stock.

it's essentially as close to a bolt on performance upgrade as you're going to get, so long as you have all of the correct peripheral components.

if you're still throttle rod, you'll need to upgrade to cable to begin with.

the carbs are oriented differently, hence the need for different throttle cable bracket and the kick down between the 1bbl and 2bbl is different.

as far as performance gains, i'd personally say it's worth it.

when you talk about sending out the carb and having it rebuilt and tuned, what are you talking about? tuned for what? if it's staying stock a basic rebuild wouldn't require any tuning beyond dialing in the idle a/f mix and setting the idle speed and choke.

is the car currently running and you're planning upgrades or are you starting from a point where the car is a non running project?
Yes the car is running and driving just fine. It needs to be started from the solonoid by arching the 2 wires? I’ve seen it done when I bought it about 2 weeks ago. It’s a 66 Dart 270 basically all original. My goal is to try to preserve the car and also make performance upgrades.

I was under the impression you can tune a carb to manipulate the CFM

It'll be a direct fit IF you use all the stock Super Six stuff.......which is like HEN'S TEETH to find. If you're skeered of a little fab work here and there, maybe leave it stock.
It’s the fact that as far as preservation of the car, I don’t really want to put any extra foreign welds or fabrication onto the car. I’m trying to keep an original theme to it which is why I’m looking to use Mopar parts off of other makes and models to try to maintain originality

It’s the fact that as far as preservation of the car, I don’t really want to put any extra foreign welds or fabrication onto the car. I’m trying to keep an original theme to it which is why I’m looking to use Mopar parts off of other makes and models to try to maintain originality
I understand. Just know that you'll be at the mercy of the vultures if you go askin for super six original stuff. They think it's worth gold. So be careful.

I understand. Just know that you'll be at the mercy of the vultures if you go askin for super six original stuff. They think it's worth gold. So be careful.
Haha I haven’t really started searching yet because I haven’t narrowed down the exact carb I’m looking for. I’m still not against camming the car and going with a 4 bbl setup but again, fabrication and foreign materials could be an issue with that also.

What i really want is a Carter Competition Series Carb. Does anyone know if they made them for the Slant 6 ?? Cause I’d buy one tomorrow if it was available

-
Back