Super Six intake/exhaust

-

rick_rawker

Reaction score
Hello again good friends !
Well, we are going to do the super-six swap this weekend on my son's 74 Duster. After caliing the parts store for intake and exhaust gaskets, they told me it is recomended that we use gasket sealer instead of gaskets. Did they shoot us the right target, or are they on a different range ?
Thanks in advance, Rick

Ive NEVER heard that one. Use a gasket. If you have a leak (which you may on used stuff) think about having a Aussie gasket (thick) or 2 stock gaskets glued together. I should have the thick gaskets in stock the end of the month.

Hopefully you have been using PB Blaster on ALL the manifold nuts top and bottom and if you plan on seperating the intake from the exhaust then those bolts. Remember the choke is different so check your carbs choke if you are reusing the exhaust manifold.
If this is a Daily Driver Have alternate trans available.
Frank

After I did my super six, I had lots of issues getting the manifolds to seal correctly. After replacing the gasket with a remflex one and having THAT one blow out I decided to suck it up and take car of it the right way.......
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33620

After that I used a single standard felpro gasket with some high temp ultra copper and haven't had any issues since. Oddly enough when I bought the gasket, there were 2 in the box, maybe they know something I don't :)

Almost forgot, Make sure the kickdown is setup right before you drive it too far or it'll cook the trans. If it's a manual, disregard this :lol:

Found the standard FelPro ( MS9610B1) gasket set; started on Sat., finished on Sun. We had been using penetrating oil on all the old studs for a week, and had cured the paint on the set-up we bought from 'chasduster' here at FABO. His rebuild of the BBD was perfect, and we set-up and used the correct kickdown linkage. It went well, and we had NO MAJOR PROBLEMS, and NO LEAKS ! My son is ecstatic and I am very grateful to have spent more quality time with my son. It is a day and night swap, his motor runs SUPER...now.
Thanks for the reply's, an my best regards, Rick

supersix 001.jpg

supersix 011.jpg

supersix 014.jpg

Basic rebuild of the Distributor with a change of springs and "tuning" of the vacuum advance.
Lots of info on slantsix.org .
Frank

-
Back