super six kickdown throttle lever needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the lever that attaches TO the transmission? I think I have one, but I would need a lever to replace it.

RustyRat Rod you are correct. It's the '"finger" that attaches the lower end of the kickdown rod to the tranny. It's the part that the shop manuals say you have to hold all the way forward when adjusting the kickdown linkage. In the mid '70's and later they changed it and it is longer so when I hook up the super six rod to my 72, it doesn't give me enough adjustment. So I need one from a late '70's 904. Thanks everybody for looking and helping. One little piece becoming a show stopper.

Well let me get a pic. If it's what you need all I want is a lever to replace it. It might be tomorrow. Is that ok?

Ok. Feel free to remind me via PM because I have a good forgetter.

I have a lot of different levers but it is not only the length that is different the clock position as it mounts on the valve body stud is also different on some of them. If rustyratrod can't fix you up PM me

Here you go Bruce. Sorry I forgot. I hope this is it. It was behind a Super Six.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 181
This lever is 2.5" from the center of the shaft to the center of the linkage hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back