Super Six Throttle Return Spring Bracket

-

smitty040

Reaction score
I've looked at a few previous posts and pictures and it seems I am missing the arm that bolts in just above the Egr valve that holds the throttle return spring. I took pictures of what I found and another car and neither had the arm. I'm sure it won't be an easy part to find. I was thinking of fabricating the arm myself but would need measurements on size and thickness. If anyone has the time to take theirs off and measure that would be great. Any other ideas would be welcomed as well.

Part pictured is what I'm missing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 159
I will measure mine and send a picture. Mine was on a 79 A/C car and I cut off all the extra stuff that had to do with the A/C. It would be easy to make something, but I would base my measurements on the return spring you will be using. Bolt on a straight piece of steel flat stock and drill a hole for the spring-bam, you are done.

Here is a picture of the Volare I didn't take the super six set-up off of. I assume this was an a/c car as well. I can go back and grab that bracket if needed. My dart is a stock a/c car and I eventually want to put the a/c back on. maybe I'll need the whole set up anyways?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 143
Ok, here you go. It measures 6 1/2 inches long by 1 1/2 inch tall (where spring hooks).
I modified the stock 79 super six bracket by cutting off the tab that bolted to the rear of the A/C compressor. I also drilled the extra holes in it for looks.
GkIXUK.jpg

piwXdQ.jpg

What is the offset of the bracket where the spring hooks in. All that I have seen are curved. Must be to miss the air cleaner?

I did a quick measurement of the offset. If you include the thickness of the metal, it measures 1 1/4 inch.
It cleared the OEM super six air cleaner with no issues (makes sense as it is the OE factory piece).

-
Back