Super stock seats

-
I have a set I got out of a van they are super lite and small really like them I'm not sure of a source for them though maybe post a wanted Ad.

I have a set I got out of a van they are super lite and small really like them I'm not sure of a source for them though maybe post a wanted Ad.
I`ve been looking at these seats. does anyone know of anyone putting adjusters on them / or will the factory van adjusters work in a 68 barracuda.

Don't think the SS cars had adjusters just the aluminum seat brackets. Gary Ball can sell you a set of the correct seats. Be careful if you buy used seats that they actually have the same type of cushion and back arrangement as the original cars...unless "the look" doesn't matter in your project. Good luck.

Last edited:
this picture found on the net of S&M seats, show the seat was foldable. If Van Seats are, I don´t know...
68 van seat original.jpg

They look like they would be a good fit in a clone project. Legendary has new covers for the seats. Good find!

They look like they would be a good fit in a clone project. Legendary has new covers for the seats. Good find!

savoy, you don´t reupholster original Sox&Martin seats , you know nothing!

Last edited:
The Gary ball seats I seen looked like a replacement seat that are made to fit a jeep. He makes new covers for them to mimick the super stock seats and can supply tracks and risers which my friend purchased also with the seats. He wanted the tracks more than concerned with originality. He was happy with them after a bit of repair to make the covers fit better.
Better to use the van seats for a more correct size and fit if small details matter to you.
The van seats do not fold like the Sox and martin seats shown pictured above.

I was just told this, so I will share it with everybody.

To ID the correct ones only SS seats fold forward originally. I've been hearing recently some guys are taking van ones and modifying them then selling as originals. Be carefull.
Another way is how they mount underneath. Van & trucks mount front and rear. Original SS seats mount the brackets on the side and only have provisions for that. There are nut inserts pressed into the sides on the frames.
They are also all date coded with a stamp on the foam underneath bottom

Seats? NO. However "Legendary Auto Interior" can sell you the correct upholstery & foam. The "trick" here is that A100 seats have welting along the sides & S/S seats don't. The S/S seats were also a bit narrower than A100 seats but I've yet to see someone that actually notices. Personally, I've heard 2 different stories about the S/S seats being hinged, but it makes no sense to me why they would be since there was nothing in the back of those cars. Rebuildable seats can cost you anywhere from about $100 to about $400/pr IMO so be prepared.

Every original 68 Super Stock seat I have seen hinge forward. Don't know why, prolly cause they were spec'd for automotive use even tho there wasn't a rear seat.

Nice of you to confirm the seats were folding lightweight. Lots of conflicting info on many details like this out there being passed around.
Would you happen to have a picture of one of your seats flopped over for a view of how the risers mount?
Thanks for joining in. I'm sure Im speaking for everyone when welcoming as many original car owners as can find there way here.

Ahhh...no....I mean someone famous might have farted on them....or something like that....

Nice of you to confirm the seats were folding lightweight. Lots of conflicting info on many details like this out there being passed around.
Would you happen to have a picture of one of your seats flopped over for a view of how the risers mount?
Thanks for joining in. I'm sure Im speaking for everyone when welcoming as many original car owners as can find there way here.
Thankyou for the welcome

I have been total addict freak to these Hurst cars since the 80's when I saw my first one in person. BTW I own that very same car today.. Wasn't planned that way, it just kinda happened.
I've owned this LO23 since 2001. It actually hasn't had the correct seats in it since prolly the 70's sometime. When it was restored by Tim Hennessey in the mid 80's he installed a set of A100's. I just recently found a real nice set of correct 68 SS seats that will be going into it. Unfortunately shortly after purchase of them I wrapped them up & have stored them in a area that is very difficult to get at. I will be putting them into the car nect year. These things are the nicest set I've ever seen. The foam is like new along with the material. They're not all hard & fragile with the foam flaking which is becoming a problem of these things because of age. They are even date stamped underneath.

liteweight

I was just told this, so I will share it with everybody.

To ID the correct ones only SS seats fold forward originally. I've been hearing recently some guys are taking van ones and modifying them then selling as originals. Be carefull.
Another way is how they mount underneath. Van & trucks mount front and rear. Original SS seats mount the brackets on the side and only have provisions for that. There are nut inserts pressed into the sides on the frames.
They are also all date coded with a stamp on the foam underneath bottom

Thanx for sharing that here Dave. Saves me from retyping. LOL

liteweight

Ahhh...no....I mean someone famous might have farted on them....or something like that....
-------glad my site name is a joke , a friend talked me into using, cause I didn't fart in those seats. but I probly would if I had some !!---LOL

FYI - Bostrom Seating ( I think) still produce the A100 seats. They sell them to farm implement, grounds keeping, and construction vehicle manufacturers. Go figure :)

No association with your site name Bob...just funning the fact that a lot of folks think attaching a name or two to a part makes it innately more valuable. And hey, maybe it does....who am I to say not...

-
Back