Super stock spring info

-

345man2

Reaction score
ok got a few questions, is it better to flip the front hanger or run a block to lower car back down and will it affect the way they work?, does it hurt the performance of them to order the same part number for both sides to get a level stance?:D

Not sure on that mine has shackles ,002,003 is what you should get

A friend has a 13 to 1,W5 headed 408.Runs,low 10's/high 9's in a duster.002/003 springs,flipped front hangars.60 ft.times,in the 1.5,1.6 range.

thats great how is the stance asfter he flipped them around, glad to hear the assurance that they work and sounds like his wprk great:D

Actually,about 1.5 inches,lower than stock.I don't know if he has pictures here.Megacab's the handle. He was running 28/10.5/ 15's on 15x8's.About a 26.5 inch tall tire.The fender lip,sat 1.5,2 inches above that.

Not a big fan of flipping the hangers,because drilling,or wallowing of the holes is required.
This is the hot ticket for lowering the rear,an 1" or so. You can use the bottom hole for stock height,or the top hole for a lower stance.
These are bolt in,an go.
Yes,you can get 2 left side springs to level the car,and it will work great.
But it will not work the same as a true SS spring setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 350
That is a possibility,J.D. The guy has fabrication skills,maybe he modified the mounts. Good point.He picked it up somewhere. I don't remember the mod,in the Mopar chassis book. Nice to see someone ,remember the offset front to back.I forgot.

stance schmance. if it hooks +++ if it just spins or takes off like a side winder ---.

hooks >>> looks

:happy10:

If I do run SS springs, I don't ever run the odd even deal, 002,003. I buy two drivers side 003 springs and go or whatever ones I decide to run.

Cars still leave straight... go figure.

I got the 002,003 springs on my car. With the Front mounts flipped. I sure
wouldn't want to use blocks to lower it. Anything you acomplish with the
springs would be thrown right out the window with putting the blocks in.
Just more of a chance for the axle to shift at the launch.
Here's mine set up this way. Just sitting there, and at launch. I went and
removed the rear spring clamps the let the back of the spring to unload as
per the old D.C. handbook.

Attachments

• 100_2280.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 329
  • img002.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 318
that cars stance is killer just what im looking for, where do you get the nice front mounts in the pic?:D

great now if i can see who has the best deal what kind of pinion snubber and shocks are best to run:D

This is mine with the front hangers flipped. Been like this a long time...many miles,much abuse and no issues. Hellwig front and rear sway bars...it drives and handles pretty well! BB and a 4 spd help the fun:burnout:
P.S. I use the stock pinion snubber and KYB shocks

Attachments

• DSC00118.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 256
Nice Barracuda I see you have a 7 or 8 hood and maybe grille.I like them better then 69. Here is mine with 002 003. 29x14.5 tires.

Attachments

• DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 270
those are great looking cars, love the pics and info it makes the decision so much easier for what im wanting:D

I didn't use any aftermarket parts in mine. When I flipped the front mounts.
All I did was to elongate the hole to match the frame. I did go buy 8 grade
bolts to tighten it up. Put the bolts in from the spring side. Hold them with
some tape till you get the nuts on. Then pull the tape out.

-
Back