Super Stock Springs and 60' foots

-
Hey do the spacers on the rear spring mounts help with the pinion angle? I have 4 degrees of spacers on on mine and I can only get about one degree of down angle

are you sure you measured it correctly?
are the shimes in correctly? small end forward.

here's the way i do it. others may get different mileage. with hotrod on the ground on all fours. take carpenters protractor and set it on the center housing, where the snubber goes, of course you do need to remove it. record your reading. then put it on the drive shaft, record the reading and subtract the two. you are looking for 5-7 degrees down for ss springs.

if after all that and you still have 1 degree down you will need to cut off the perches and reweld new ones one. more on that later.

are you sure you measured it correctly?
are the shimes in correctly? small end forward.

here's the way i do it. others may get different mileage. with hotrod on the ground on all fours. take carpenters protractor and set it on the center housing, where the snubber goes, of course you do need to remove it. record your reading. then put it on the drive shaft, record the reading and subtract the two. you are looking for 5-7 degrees down for ss springs.

if after all that and you still have 1 degree down you will need to cut off the perches and reweld new ones one. more on that later.

Thanks for the info Bob. I.will check it using your method. I'll let you know what I find.

.......................my old duster run a 1.34 60 ft.........440 727 with 3800 t/a verter 31.25x12.2x15 tires on 12 in rims.......11.001 quarter mile........2900 lbs......kim...........

Good thread. Haven't read this board in a while. I went 1.48 with a pump gas 360 with an X head. Basic stuff and my shackle angle isn't right yet but that's on the list. Lol at the "get cal tracks" mindset

-
Back