Super Stock Springs??

-

mopar crazy

Reaction score
I have Super Stock Leafs in my B Body. I just bought a 70 Duster. THinking of putting Super Stocks in it to get the rear up.
Does anyone have them in thier Duster?????
The B Bodies need a 2" longer forward hanger.
Does the forward hangers also need to be changed on the A bodies like the B bodies??
Thanks
Pete

No, the a-body factory and super stock springs have the same length front segment.

The B-body super stock springs have a shorter segment (the same length as an a-body segment) that is why a b-body needs the longer front hanger.

Chuck

just put a set on my 73 duster, the SS springs lifted the rear a good 4 to 5 inches take a look, hope it helps!!

PICT1284.jpg

PICT1287.jpg

PICT1286.jpg

PICT1283.jpg

I dont know where you are located or if you have found a set yet but mancini racing has a pretty decent pair....

PICT1284.jpg

PICT1287.jpg

PICT1286.jpg

PICT1283.jpg

I have them on my Valiant. I love them, they are stiffer then the stock springs but I did not like the spongy stock ride. I have far less body roll in corners, the stance is cool and it really hooks up nice. I did not have to modify anything to install them, they even came with free shackles from summit.

how much did flipping the spring mount lower the car? did it get the car back to stock height or not?

When I first put the SS springs on my 66 it raised the rear 3", but after a few months they settled out real nice, the car has a nice stance now.

I used B body springs on my 67, along with the 3" move in Kit
they still ride stiff but doesn't sit up as high

I like the stance of the car

When I flipped the front mounts it lowered it back to
around the stock height. Just take a look at the pics in
my garage. Looks stock to me. The only thing I had to do
to remount them was. elongate the mounting holes. 4 of them.

I put a set of 002/003s on my Duster. It raised the rear at least 4 inches. Everyone says they will settle so if they do it will be at the perfect ride height. If not I will probably flip the front hangers. If you use the front hangers you already have you will have to drill out the hole. The SS springs front mount is a larger diameter than the stock springs. Here's a comparison of the ride height before and right after.

100_0033.jpg

80605004.jpg

100_0033.jpg

80605004.jpg

hey guys. i still need to order the springs for my scamp. i have ordered all my front end parts but im not sure what i should do for leaf springs. any suggestions on stiffer springs. do the ss springs make your car sit crooked? and do these have a larger 5/8 eye bolt. ive seen the heavy duty spring hangers that say they have the larger 5/8 eye bolt for ss springs. thanks for the help.

-
Back