super stock springs

-

Optik

Reaction score
will the super stock springs from MP bolt up to my 64 dart? do they raise the car up? i need height to clear my fat rear tires, already got some skyjackers under there but to get the rear high enough the shocks are too stiff....
thanks!
-tim

Yes
yes
less air in the sky jackers would be best as not to bend any parts up top or down low where the shock attachs.
Also, there are front spring hangers on the market with 2 or sometimes 3 mounting points. If you choose the lower point to mount the springs, it will raise the car up higher, but, it will also rotate the center section and through the pinion angle off. Longer rear shackles can correct this. Not to much though, it isn't good to have long shackles on the back end for handleing purposes.

You will probably have to drill out the hole in your stock hangers. If I remember right the early "A" has a smaller diameter bolt than the later "A" body.

Chuck

I have Mopar super stock springs in my 66 Valiant and am really happy with them. I also have the Mopar adjustable front spring hangers, Set in the factory ride height (the other hole was to make it lower than stock). Rumblefish360 is right, early a-body cars had a smaller hole in the hanger bracket, either drill it out or buy the new ones. The stance is a lot higher than stock, I also have Mopar drag shocks. The ride is a lot stiffer but your air shocks probably ride stiff too. I have 255/60R15 tires on 15x6 rims.

DSC02785.jpg

-
Back