Super6 photos

-

plymouth71

The Moomobile
Reaction score
Looking for some pics of a super6.Any pics would be helpful,especially of the linkage.Thanks

Maybe that because that is where the info is. He asked for Super six pics not slant six pics. Did you look at the article the link is for? It is the best Super Six info I have found and isn't every forum about getting the best info available?

IMG00161-20100912-2245.jpg

IMG00162-20100912-2245.jpg

IMG00163-20100912-2245.jpg

Thanks to all,your imfo is just what i needed.I had some data on this from various sources,but the details were weak at best.Again,Thank you.

no problem ask away if you have more questions...mine may not be the same as your cause i used a bbd carb from a 318. but more or less the everything else is the same.

so far nothing. there is a mod in that article(slantsix.org) for the choke pull off(not sure what they mean) i am having a little trouble with the thermostatic choke coil (adapting it) so may have to go manual or rig something up.

Choke pull off is 90 degrees out of whack. They suggest cutting and welding it back on. On the solid fuel BBD's like I have it will be a matter of unbolting and swapping them out. So it ran ok without changing the jets/metering rods? I have a brand new 318 BBD that was pulled off a 79 truck and swapped for the Holley when truck was new. Come to think of it I have the Holley also. But after 250000 miles it is probably wore out just like the 318 it was. LOL I am planning on putting it on my 77 Aspen.

Choke pull off is 90 degrees out of whack. They suggest cutting and welding it back on. On the solid fuel BBD's like I have it will be a matter of unbolting and swapping them out. So it ran ok without changing the jets/metering rods? I have a brand new 318 BBD that was pulled off a 79 truck and swapped for the Holley when truck was new. Come to think of it I have the Holley also. But after 250000 miles it is probably wore out just like the 318 it was. LOL I am planning on putting it on my 77 Aspen.

drove it to work today...every now and again it has a hesitation when you first hit the throttle, mostly when its cold...so hopefully i can work it out.

Choke pull off is where your choke linkage hooks up to carb. Just a thought but I had a hesitation and it turned out to be the float level was to high. The good thing about the carter is that you can do a wet float check with carb on car by just pulling the top

Choke pull off is where your choke linkage hooks up to carb. Just a thought but I had a hesitation and it turned out to be the float level was to high. The good thing about the carter is that you can do a wet float check with carb on car by just pulling the top

yeah when i first installed it the float was adjusted too high and i readjusted it in the car....and it was kinda sticky...it would flood out the top :angry7:

stayed up all night watching the adjustment videos
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Films/348/

again and again...lol i'll get it fingered out:read2: my gf is taking my daily to south carolina for army training so this will be my daily for 2 weeks :cheers: it really does make me miss my old '66 fury :cry:

-
Back