supercharged small block, anyone....

-

project360

Reaction score
i dont have pistons yet, and well.... with some funds i may be receiving i could afford a blower set up..... so now wondering what that would be for parts, nothing crazy, just 500ish hp. a basic 671 style with dual 450s on top... anyone here have suggestions or thoughts.

anyone know where to look for such info.... personal experience etc.

there is not alot of suport from the aftermarket for roots blown smallblock mopars, i know indy came out with a manifold for this application some time ago
there is alot of supliers for blower but i dont know which brand is good since im doing a lysholmblown 340.
there is varius companys making custom blower pistons for this
about 500hp at the crank should not be that hard, i think you may get more answers in the forcedinduction part of this forum:)

You don't need a blower to make 500 HP. You should be able to make way more with a supercharger. I'm making 512 Hp/525 lb/ft TQ from a naturally aspirated, iron headed, hydraulic flat tappet cam'd small block stroker. Look in the forced induction part of the forum. Seems like a lot more people are doing turbos than SC's now.

If you want 500HP, get a stock 360, run a thick gasket, and a 340 cam with a 1.6 rocker on the EX side with the blower................ It's really as simple as that.

You don't need a blower to make 500 HP. You should be able to make way more with a supercharger. I'm making 512 Hp/525 lb/ft TQ from a naturally aspirated, iron headed, hydraulic flat tappet cam'd small block stroker. Look in the forced induction part of the forum. Seems like a lot more people are doing turbos than SC's now.

Your 512HP is a pig compared to 512 supercharged HP......... One would have to ride in a B body supercharged RB power car to understand the pure joy involved with huffing an engine....... Breaking the tires loose in third gear, with a 3.21 rear, with two people in the back seat, at 90MPH is just a wonderful feeling................. Pure brute power.

i must be blind, i overlooked the forced induc area when i posted this, im not looking for crazy hp, so i choose the 500ish number. also, the supercharger lowers my stall speed so its more streetable from light to light.

-- turbos dont stick out of the hood ! ( though it was my first consideration as i have done extensive work to my powerstroke with a bigger turbo and intercooler etc )

thread moved...
looking for opinions on good roots blower set up for small block before i purchase any more bottom end parts.

thanks.

There is a procharger on racingjung cheap. Just needs the bracket for SBM.
Need better heads and a blowthrough carb. Easier to Turbo

Dick Laney makes a 1-piece intake for 4-71/6-71/whatever blower you want for sb mopar. To keep it around 500hp on a 360(I'm assuming that's what you've got) you're going to have to turn that blower pretty slow I think

-
Back