Superchargers that offer a top mount?

-

RustyDusty

Rabid Cross-eyed Opossum!
Reaction score
All the radial super chargers I've seen on the slant sixs have the carb mounted directly to the top of the super charger. What supercharger offers that option? All of the eatons that I've seen have the inlet in the rear of the SC.

Like this one ?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkVM66qP6zY"]Supercharged slant six - YouTube[/ame]

thats my car in the video. its a b&m 144 supercharger from a small block chevy kit. i dont know the exact snout length. but what i did was have a pulley made that mounts to my dampener, then made an oversized adapter to mount the blower to my intake. then i used a straight edge to make sure both pulleys lined up and that determined where i needed the blower to be. then i drilled and taped the adapter and trimmed off the excess metal.

thats my car in the video. its a b&m 144 supercharger from a small block chevy kit. i dont know the exact snout length. but what i did was have a pulley made that mounts to my dampener, then made an oversized adapter to mount the blower to my intake. then i used a straight edge to make sure both pulleys lined up and that determined where i needed the blower to be. then i drilled and taped the adapter and trimmed off the excess metal.
that is way cool, i love it. how well does it work?

its working well. i have just been putting it around town. no thrown belts or anything. i underdrove the blower too much though, and ordered a new pulley today that should give me 5 psi of boost. to cruise around town takes little effort. just light pressure on the gas and you are moving right along. even with the 600 holley, it starts going lean when the secondaries open, but im not going to re jet it untill the new pulley comes. that will change everything. i also need to figure out the timing still.

That is a nice install. I would love to see the looks you get among the jaded with the offset blower.

Thanks for all the info! Where did you acquire your 144? They seem hard to find. I appreciate it guys. Are you running stock compression? From what I've read that's what most guys are doing.

My engine is stock compression. I rebuilt this engine7,000 miles ago. It's basically a stock rebuild. Eventually I will build another engine and a head with bigger valves. As for the blower, I got it off a member on the hamb. I think I paid 600 for the blower with Chevy intake and a 750 Holley. Then I spent 800 having the blower rebuilt and polished.

-
Back