supercharging

-

340v8dart

Reaction score
I want to supercharge my built 340. Seen a 2004 gto with a 4.2l whipple supercharger very impressed would like one on my 71 340 swinger. Anyone experianced on whipple superchargers?

not doing a whipple but almost the same, im putting togheter a lysholm screwblown 340, there is a few ways of doing it.
use an adaptor on a regualar singelplane intakemanifold,will look alitle odd but works if you can live with the height, there is two obstacles one is that the blower will endup sitthing kind of high due to an Z-shaped adaptor to move the blower forward since these blowers have the outlet in the front of the case and the distributor gets in the way.
you could probably use a indy modman manifold with an adaptorplate this is probably the easiest way i would think but have not measured it that the plenum may be alitle to narrow compared to the outlet of the blower.
you could make or have someone make a custom blower intakemanifold made for your application a few diferent ways either build a fitting plenum that fitts a cut up old singelplane manifold, you could have a custom sheatmetal intake manifold made up by someone good at farbicating. last option is a custom billet intake manifold cut out from a big single piece of aluminum,not cheap in any way unless the mechanical worksshop has a slow period and realy thinks it would be a fun challange doing it this way. beaware the piece will be about 88 pounds before you start cutting it and the right grade of aluminum is not cheap..

my choise ended up being the last option a 88 pound piece of billet, will hopefully get the manifold pretty soon, the machine shop has started working on it atleast. glad the guy thought it was a cool challanging thing to try:)

I want to supercharge my built 340. Seen a 2004 gto with a 4.2l whipple supercharger very impressed would like one on my 71 340 swinger. Anyone experianced on whipple superchargers?

My dad is having his LS-7 built now with a whipple charger. Like ramcharger said the hard part is either finding an intake or an adaptor plate. Or there is another way. Got a friend with a sand car and a LS motor with a whipple in it. He has his mounted off to the side of his motor and it is plumed to the intake. Don't know if there is enough room for this in an A body or not though. Call whippel and ask them what they have. I am sure they can help you out.

Just an FYI my dad is looking at making around 1000 HP on pump gas with the wipple charger.

There's a guy named Bill Laney of max wedge performance in Australia that can cast you pretty much any manifold you want. You name the heads, engine, blower(4-71/6-71..etc) and he pops one out like magic. It's nuts. I don't know if he'd do a whipple, but you could always ask. Just google his name.
For instance:
SB chrysler intake for a 6-71 with 302 heads

Attachments

• Picture 666.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 286
There's a guy named Bill Laney of max wedge performance in Australia that can cast you pretty much any manifold you want. You name the heads, engine, blower(4-71/6-71..etc) and he pops one out like magic. It's nuts. I don't know if he'd do a whipple, but you could always ask. Just google his name.
For instance:
SB chrysler intake for a 6-71 with 302 heads

Could this be our long sought after source for a small block cross ram?

-
Back