superdart440

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
who says that newer cars are always more dependable than older cars .....this morning was a deep frost here .....ddddddang it was cold....so I start my dad's newer 90 something ford car for him to go to work and its running and the heat never comes on .....something is frozen so I messed with it for awhile to try and see if the radiator is full so I take the radiator cap off the expansion tank and boiling hot water spews out under pressure so I burn myself trying to get the cap back on....so the engine was to temp but the heater in the car is still not working ......so I said forget this and I told my dad to take a dart instead so I go out to start it ...not really sure if it is going to start ....its an old car in the cold so it shouldn't be very dependable ....right.

wirrrr wirrrrr ***pump, pump*** wirrrr duga duga duga in high idle ....warms up after a few mins and kicks the idle down automatically (original heat stove) and off he goes.

not bad for a "cold blooded" 76 Chrysler corporate T-code 440 with the original TQ on it. :D

I am going to keep driving original darts till I cant anymore ....when im an old lady and can barely walk anymore ...I will still drive an original dart as long I have a clutch foot and a gas pedal foot and least one arm to steer .....Color me GONE!!!

You have a '76 440 in your Dart?

yup in a 72 dart .....I took it from a low miles C- barge that I could barely give away .....I part out C-bodies because everyone is always talking about how cool they are but yet when you have one for sale no one ever steps up......or they want to low ball you so bad you might as well part it.

had a 76 Newport 2 door hardtop with 40 K miles and almost no rust ....had it in a parking lot at a shopping center with a for sale sign and $1000. written on the window ......For a WHOLE YEAR ...probably spent a few hundred dollars on newspaper ads and an ebay ad....and the best I could get was an offer for $400. so I put the 440 in my dart and filled up the car with scrap and got almost $400. at the crusher and a great running 440 in my dart ...win/ win

Did you put fender well exit headers on the 440? By the way, I really like the 72 dart front end, same as the demon...

Did you put fender well exit headers on the 440? By the way, I really like the 72 dart front end, same as the demon...

it has B-body manifolds ...the log type which are mega cheap that most people throw away but really work fine.

it has B-body manifolds ...the log type which are mega cheap that most people throw away but really work fine.
Nice.... and boy would that be a smooth running torque monster!! Just a stock 440 magnum cam would make that a terror.

figured out why the ford didn't heat up that morning .......the water pump is beyond junk and the impellers were broken/corroded away.

kinda funny I had two water pump jobs this weekend and another scheduled for this week. they come in herds.

but the ford was in horrible shape ....the water pump was just a pulley because I don't see how it could move any water like this....and you cant see it in the pic but the propeller is loose from the shaft so it wasn't even turning

Attachments

• 20131110_182936.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 20131110_183008.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 137
I'm flat-out AMAZED! What the heck?!

326128.gif

Glad ya dint get burnt there Cupcake. That water pump is seriously messed up, holy cow. A BB in your dart?? Now Im even more impressed=D>

-
Back