Sure-grip unit WiW....

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Was wondering what a sure grip unit was worth. Numbers are 26354x and looks like its dated 68.... Without a case or ring and pinion, just the sure grip unit. Was running and driving without any issues.And am I correct its for a 742 case?

I was thinkin that ... But thought there was a difference in the outter bearings

Yes outer bearings and races are different, but, it will interchange between housings.

If it's a clutch set up, could be 125-175 or so.

Since it is a bare Sure-Grip, I would most likely just buy a new one from Dr. Diff. I think his units that he makes better than the normal is about $385 new.

It would, but then newer stuff is better, so now the question is... will it be as good as you think for the bs involved to take it all back apart again....

You lost me... I have one that I was thinkin about selling... Already down to the bare sure grip unit and wasn't sure what they were worth. So I guess a new one would be great, but not everybody has the cash to buy a new one. So to keep from gouging anybody I was gettin some opinions cause they seem to be all over the place price wise.

Is it a cone of a clutch type? I am looking for a clutch type to swap into my 8 3/4, please let me know if you are wanting to sell, maybe I can make it easy. Clutch types are rebuildable and I would assume that is required.

It was a clutch type... But I sold it already....But might sell another complete 3.91 set up with the same type sure grip unit and a 489 casting.

If some one is the market I recommend Dr.Diff as he has new ones, Spicer style. I paid $250 shipped for my last used Spicer and it needed new clutches and also had a broken cross shaft. All said and done I could've spent about $20 more and had a new one from Dr.Diff.

Start a new post tellin people not to buy used parts cause somebody might make a new one.

-
Back