Suregrip additive

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Going to the parts store in the AM to get the stuff I need to install my rear. What kind of additive do I need? Is this stuff brand specific? If so what do yall like to use?

72 ScampTramp,

Here is what AMSOIL recommends.

http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?GroupID=88

One four-ounce bottle of Slip Lock treats differential capacities of two to four quarts.

NOTE: AMSOIL Synthetic Gear Lubes do not require the use of this additive. However, not all differentials respond the same and if chatter is noticed, the addition of AMSOIL Slip Lock will eliminate it. For chattering differentials not running AMSOIL Gear Lube, this product is an excellent solution to the problem.

Just for your information.
TAZZ

I bought what they had at the parts store. Said for limited slip differentals so! So I dont have to start a new thread what do yall run in your rears? 80-90 gear lube? Anything special?

I run Swepco Industrial 80w90 in my stuff. It will cling to the gears and bearings for years (even if the vehicle hasn't been run in years)

I just had my 71 Demon race car's rearend narrowed & rebuilt with 4:56 spool and Mosur axles put in from a respectable local builder. He suggested 75W-110 for it.
For my 8 3/4 posi in my street 71 Demon I run the 75W-90. I use AMSOIL products in all my cars.
TAZZ

-
Back