Surely there is a 71' 340 Demon lover somewhere?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
08-01-2010 10:27 PM
oldbutstillquic

I placed a #match 1971 Demon 340/4sp for sale.(see 7/16/2010 post). Not many responses compared to other simular sales. Is the price to high, car not desirable, ugly, not enough pictures/information? I understand the economy and do not have a history of selling much of anything (I could not sell $5 for a $1.). I have always got attached to everything and ran the wheels off of until there was nothing left. I am about to pull the car in and start to fix it up and would rather work on my other projects. Should I wait till the spring, put it on ebay or take it to local runs?
Terry

Is this your car?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=106779

If this is your car, I suggest that you consider what others like your car have sold for in the last year.

Prices for even fully and well restored #matching 1970-72 340 Abodies have dropped over the last two years, as a result of a number of conditions, not the least of which is the fact that disposable income for toys like weekend cars, is not available. Home equity lines of credit are much tougher to come by, in many areas of this country, the umemployment rate exceeds 14-15 %.

Take all this into consideration, and be patient with the sale.

Also, think about the total expense any prospective buyer will have to endure, to bring the car up to good driver quality - appearance, cosmetics, mechanical, etc.

We recently saw a beautiful # matching 1972 EV2 factory Demon 340, manual tranny, 1 repaint, 70K original - all ownership documents since new,
bring $15K. The car was top notch, needing nothing.

Unfortunately, 2010 is not fetching 2004-2005 prices, take a look at real estate.

Good luck with the sale...

Your asking price is close to what you would expect to see AFTER a full restoration. This car NEEDS a full resto. It will sell if the price is right!

Yes price is way to high, restored ones with all the correct big money parts are having a hard time getting out of the high teens.

Price in the ad was 11,800 which is too high, IMO.

For 2-5K more you get one that is REALLY nice in a better color.

IMHO, the car for sale has too many issues, chevy black engine compartment, missing the expensive TQ carb, rust, needs full resto, lastly an undersirable original color.

I've seen some nice 71-72 Demon 340 4 speed cars in good colors sell in the 9-18K range. A max selling price in the 5-6K range is more likely for this car, it's not 2005 anymore. Just my opinion

You asked for input ... Vehicle has potential ... Priced way up on 3rd floor ... Need to bring down to 1st floor...

this year i paid less than half of what your asking for my
72 340 mostly orig paint ev2 on white int demon.

im still going to have to put a ton $$ into it.

an honest opinion should'nt be taken as an insult.
thanks

000_0699.jpg

Thanks for your input. I just thought a 71 versus a 72 would make a difference in pricing, (evidently not that much!). You have a great looking vehicle to start.
Terry

Thanks. I am optimist and surely hope things will get better. Things have really changed since 2008.

Don't mean to be negative,but I don't think you will see that kind of money in spring either. If you know how to do your own paint and bodywork why don't you do it and sell it. That's what most everybody in this hobby is scared about anyhow. Just don't plan on getting rich over it, because the money just isn't out their right now.If you watch e-bay the same cars keep getting re-lited over and over and over and over get the idea or they sell and all of a sudden the person was'nt able to come up with the money so they are re-listed. Their was a challenger I wanted to buy recently and the guy just wasn't realistic I wanted to pay what the market beared and he wanted to sell it to me at a price tag from 2007. I still think we will have a few more bad years of this.

Aar sellers cant get 40k for them.

Thats great for buyers if you want an aar and keep it to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back