surgrip additive in 8 3/4

-

Hemidale426

Reaction score
upgraded my 73 dart sport to a 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 gears how much mopar additive should I add to gear oil . Thanks Dale

As much as it needs. I use the GM stuff, after I changed my rear end oil last spring I put 1/2 bottle in, its a small bottle. Seemed fine but a few days later it was cracking going in to my turn around garage-its a PITA.

So in went the rest of the bottle, still was making noise, few days later got another little bottle, gave it a another 1/2. Nope, 2 weeks later I still hear some noise after it was hot. So in went the rest of the 2nd bottle. Been fine ever since.

Used 1 bottle of the Mopar additive. Maybe the GM stuff isn't as potent. I know you don't want to get the Mopar additive on you or your clothes.

Dr. Diff (Mopar guy) likes to use (ack) Ford "Friction Modifier". I bought a bottle at my local dealership for a few bucks. It's the foulest smelling stuff! Got a little on my skin, walked in the house, and my wife was wondering what the stench was. Must be potent.

Some gear oils already have the additive in it. If you read the bottle it will say if its for limited slip differentials or not. If it already has the additive in it then you don't need to add any.

-
Back