Suspension/Brake parts quality

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Who has the highest quality, stock replacement parts available now ? Im tempted to order it all from Rock Auto but some times the cheap prices scare me.

I still look at Moog ,or Spicer/Napa premium lines anymore.

Rock Auto has Moog parts but Ive read that they arent the quality they use to be.

I've had no quarrels with the MOOG stuff on Rockauto Adam. Sure beats that off the wall garbage with the funny names like Brake-fast, ProGrade and HoCheeMin Performance..lol
Don't know about this outfit, but FBBO has a roaming thread with current discount codes for Rock Auto, if you go that route. Good luck.

I just bought complete front end suspension parts from Rock Auto mostly Moog, a few Raybestos PG. I'll let you know how they seem after arrival/install.

I just recently bought all my moog stuff from rock auto. Everything except the bumpstops was made in the U.S. the bumps were hecho in mexico.

Interestingly received similar. Everything USA from Moog, except bumpstops. Mine, however, appear to be from India. I can live with that.

All brand new Moog stuff on my Duster from RA. Driven it a few times around the block since I finished it and noticed several of the boots are leaking. The LF outer tie rod boot is completely shot already, like torn in half. Not happy. Might be install error on my part somehow but I can't see how, other than the car needing to be aligned. Nothing was cranked down to the point of smashing the boots down or anything. Thought the boots were supposed to be 'new and improved'. Hard to say what another brand would be like though, I'd probably still buy Moog stuff unless this stuff starts failing rapidly. I've had good success with their parts in the past.

-
Back