Suspension/chassis, what are you using???

-

Valcuda318

Reaction score
Im gonna be redoing my whole suspension and was wondering what springs and shocks you guys were running...

im thinking 1" over espo's and some comp engineering adj's all the ways around...

also what kinda labor expense could I expect from a shop for this kind of work?>??

my car is a 318/4 speed 64 valiant street car that runs 13.70's at 101mph

Without a shop rate book;
to change the rear springs, I would guess 4 hours shop rate, or more.

So if they charge $75 per hour, thats $300.

Plus needed parts, such as the ubolts, shock plates, etc.

I ususally figure that on a 42 year old car,
any part that can break, 75% of the time will. Waah.

Do you have spare shock/lower spring plates?

Front spring hangers don't often break, but I would replace the
rear shackles at the same time as the springs.

diggin deep in the pockets and going with bills Alterktion up front. im gonna be using a new 5.7/6.1 style hemi and thought itd be nice to have rack and pinion, coil overs, and lots more room for headers. not a must but just something i wanted. in the rear i was gonna hold out for something uptodate, but was thinking i should just go with a leafspring setup.

You won't be dissapointed in Bill Reily's work. Top notch. And excellent customer support.

How hard is it to relocate the springs 3/4" I know I would need the relocation hangers and shackles, but how hard is it and how much labor should I expect from the moving of the front perches???

318 .30 over
11:5:1 domed pistons
j heads ported with 1.88/1.6 valves
ld4b intake
750 dp
284/484 mp cam
spitfire headers
2-1/2 exhaust
4 speed with custom 10" clutch
3.23 sure grip
215/70/14's :thumbup:

It can all be done at home on the shop floor. You must drill/enlarge hole in the frame rail to accomidate the front eye spring bolt/nut.

First, what wheel/tire combo are you expecting to run only moving them in 3/4"? Why not just go with the little extra labor and move them into the rails with some relocation boxes. Your done with it and can half tub it down the road for an even stouter wheel/tire combo.

Just my 2 tenths!

-
Back