Suspension Issue

-

Josecuda

Reaction score
Since I got my '72 Duster I've changed all the suspension major components (lower & upper ball joints, idler arm, bumper stops, LCA and UCA bushings and else). The problem is that when the car goes through a speed bump or passes a crack or hole in the street the suspension makes a weird cracking sound. I’ve checked for the tightness of bolts of all components and they seem to be OK. This issue is driving me mad. It feels like the front right wheel vibrates left to right every time the street has a hole, imperfection or else and I go by mistake through it.

Does anyone around here have gone through a similar issue? Any suggestions to fix this? Thank You!

Just had to add. Stock suspension, stock bars mayor thing changed from stock was when I added disc brakes using scarebird kit. /6 1972 Duster

Yes Sir. What I don't remember are the alignment specs that the alignment shop left after the process. What I do know is that when I cruise down a good road the car has no issues at all. Rides as smooth as new.

Was the full weight of the car resting on the suspension when you tightened everything up after changing the control arm bushings? If you tightened them while the car was jacked up and the suspension unloaded, that could cause some weird noises. If it's a metalic cracking sound, then it's probably something else like a strut rod or one of the other suspension components that's binding. Good luck.

If you tightened them while the car was jacked up and the suspension unloaded, that could cause some weird noises. If it's a metalic cracking sound, then it's probably something else like a strut rod or one of the other suspension components that's binding. Good luck.

I didn't have a clue about that at all. I'll try to retighten the LCA's with the car's full weight on the susp. Thanks!

-
Back