Suspension Qs,

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I finally made myself work on the front end today. changed out the LCAs and old bent strut rods with new adjustable ones.

I have 2 questions

1. Do you set ride height then tighten the suspension parts or tighten then set ride height ?

2. strut rod bushings, Do the curved ends face in to the K-frame or out to the washers ?

You should set the ride height and then tighten the fasteners down with the weight of the car on the tires.

As for the strut rod bushings do you have a pic or a link?

the curved ends should face the washers....the flat end should have a little raised area around the center hole that fits into the hole on the K-frame

OK, I have to fix the strut rod bushings then. Thats how I thought it went but the other end said "this end to rubber" on it. It didnt look right though.

"this end to rubber"??????????????

lost me there.....
does what i said make sense? do yours have the properties i described?

my poly bushings said nothing on them.....

what i understood is that your strut rod bushings have one end that is beveled like it's rounded off, and the other is flat.....

also, if that is the way your bushings are, then it only makes sense that the curved parts go towards the washers, since the washers are curved as well....

if there are problems with what is being pictured in our minds, post a pic or 2

I understand exactly what your saying. I also looked at some at cruise night last night and they all have them the way you described. Mine are backwards. I'll take pictures later.

All fixed. I forgot to take pictures though. I still need to raise the ride height about 1" though.

bushing.jpg

Help me out, I just did one side and I have the other to do. I put the cone end (top in this picture) thought the K member pushing it in from front to back. In other words the top of this picture is facing the rear of the car but was pushed through from the front. My thought here was that most of the load will pull against the wider part of the bushing. was this correct?

i put mine in with the pointed end towards the front, hope im right!

-
Back