SUV hits tire off pickup

-
Say what you want about modern cars but they are pretty good at keeping folks safe. I’d hate to be the last person that put the lug nuts on that truck if that is what failed.

Say what you want about modern cars but they are pretty good at keeping folks safe. I’d hate to be the last person that put the lug nuts on that truck if that is what failed.

Or the wheel spacer(s).
All these bro-dozers are typically accidents looking for a place to happen.

Notice the rim after it came off and hit the back of the suv, it has almost ALL of its offset to the rear. Meaning that in order for it to stick out that much on that truck, required a HUGE amount of wheel spacer. Absolute negligence by whoever installed that stupid looking garbage

I hate the trend as much as the next respectable human but I think you can see a rotor still attacked.

That would be expected depending on the design of the spacer. This style is popular and IMO can have disasterous results - not to mention, they're often stacked too:
spacer1.jpg

That wheel had a hard-on for that suv, came back and smacked it in the rear after the flip. Crazy freak accident for the victim, for sure.

It looks like the Kia driver caught about 20 feet of air, from the driver's seat!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Slow it down right before or after it rolls into the car that crashed. Looks like there is a pretty big silver piece on the back of the wheel.

Now I see what you're saying. Didn't notice that. Does look vaugely rotorish.
1679944347594.png

Imagine the headache for the insurance guys lol. If that’s a hub failure I guess it’s just a lack of maintenance.

They're going to blame the wheels/spacers/lugs and anything that's not OEM first... whether it's warranted or not.

Looking at similar era chevy pickups, they looks like they have IFS. If the lugs failed I wouldn't expect the rotor to stick to the wheel, but it definitely looks like it's the rotor there, so it's tough to speculate exactly what happened. Someone has to have aftermath photos of the parts somewhere on the internet.

I have certainly seen trucks in Texas that have wheels sticking out a lot further than the truck in the video. I hate the look personally.

Imagine the headache for the insurance guys lol. If that’s a hub failure I guess it’s just a lack of maintenance.
I paid 138.00 from ADVANCE Auto, for one of their hubs it failed it took the rotor part of the steering gear The Rim the tire totaled my Ram should have sued the bastards

They're going to blame the wheels/spacers/lugs and anything that's not OEM first... whether it's warranted or not.

Looking at similar era chevy pickups, they looks like they have IFS. If the lugs failed I wouldn't expect the rotor to stick to the wheel, but it definitely looks like it's the rotor there, so it's tough to speculate exactly what happened. Someone has to have aftermath photos of the parts somewhere on the internet.
Those Genital Motors front hubs are notorious failing junk. I'll be honest, I can't recall if the caliper bracket holds the rotor captive or not now, but I've seen morons drive until the brackets & rotors were almost worn through....unbeLIEVable.
Putting 8-10 inches of extra leverage on a piss-poor performing stock component is proof that Hickaboos should be banned from F'ing touching motor vehicles..

It looks like the Kia driver caught about 20 feet of air, from the driver's seat!
:thumbsup:
Driver's Adrenal-o-meter sheared the pin, broke the glass, & is floating somewhere in the Stratosphere!!!

Those Genital Motors front hubs are notorious failing junk. I'll be honest, I can't recall if the caliper bracket holds the rotor captive or not now, but I've seen morons drive until the brackets & rotors were almost worn through....unbeLIEVable.
Putting 8-10 inches of extra leverage on a piss-poor performing stock component is proof that Hickaboos should be banned from F'ing touching motor vehicles..

Yeah, I was surprised when I looked up the hubs. I've seen heavier duty hardware on Camrys.

-
Back