swap info

-

bigdog

Reaction score
have a 73 duster putting in a 8.25 diff from a 82 cordoba will this fit ok?as in shock mounts and perches? thanks for any help

You can put it in there. You will need a torch, a welder a grinder all related equipment, a fire extinguisher, and after its mounted,you will need custom wheels and maybe have to modify the wheelwells. Sorry, I couldnt resist. A better idea is to find an A-body set-up.

okay so its do able, i have the tools and it has 5x4.5 wheels duster has roomy wheel wells so will do little more measuring .before i commit tl the project all i can find here are 7 1/4 not….. thanks dw

Measure the drum to drum length.

The rear in your car now is about 57.5" drum to drum. Split the difference and that should give you an idea how far out the wheels will be moved out on each side.

0k will take a read and thanks,I have a 8/3/4 sure grip with 3:23 gears to low for my car 60 mph 2800 with 14"tires looking for 60 at aboy 1800 2000 rpm would be perfect for me as i do not race the car anything like that just want a good cruiser. but cannot find a 276 center any where here this would be the best route but,,,,, thanks Dan

-
Back