swaping from a la to magnum?

-

754door

Reaction score
What do you need to do when swaping from a 360 la to a 360 magnum. are the motor mounts the same like the schumacher mounts will they bolt up to a magnum block in a abody? Also what about the flexplate. would I need a different one?

Thanks.

Motor mounts are the same for sure as I'm putting a 360 Magnum in my 65 Cuda. I beleive the flex plate is different but not sure. I can check tomorrow for you, as I have a flex plate for that motor and one off of an old style (74) 360.

Motor mounts are the same. You will need to use a magnum harmonic balancer and also the flywheel/torque converter has a different balance. If you are running an auto you can cut the old weights off and weld on some new weights that mopar performance sells. Or there are some aftermarket flex plates with the correct balance on them - just make sure you remove the old torque converter weights.

If you have a manual trans then you will need a different flywheel due to the balance differences. You can have one rebalanced to suit the magnum as well.

Some other things to consider are the front cover/water pump/pulleys. I have just used the LA stuff as it bolts right up.

-
Back