Swapped to BBP in front and 8.8 out back... now time to find wheels

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I had some V6 early 2000's wheels a friend gave me to wheel my car around once my swap was complete. I finally got the 73"+ discs on the front of my 71' Duster, and the wheel wouldn't fit over the hub, although the bolt pattern is the same. This made me realize I may run in to all sorts of problems if I buy rims online. Is this a common measurement shown on wheels? Is there only certain wheels I should be looking at? I'd preferably like 17's, and would like to avoid 18's if possible. Might be able to get away with 16's. The rear axle width is 56 3/4".

lots of guys using mustang 17s but you either have to turn down the hub snout to fit the register size of the wheel or shortcut it like i did and carefully hog out the center of the wheel to fit the stock mopar sized register. keep in mind most mustang 17s have at least 5.72" backspace.

i used to visit Westport often, nice area!

How much material do you have to take out? So I may have to use spacers in the front?

That's awesome! I work for the parks down here, so I get to see a lot of awesome sunsets in the summer!

-
Back