Swapping a Demon/Swinger front grill, valance, fenders, hood, etc.

-

63 Hurst Valiant

Reaction score
Just recently bought a 1972 Plymouth Gold Duster, original plans for it went way out the window... Anyways I thought it would be bad *** to possibly throw on a Demon/Swinger front end and possibly dub it the Gold Dustin' Demon. Gold Dustin' Swinger would be more ideal if it was more than a one owner car... ba-dum-tss.

So brings the question, what all do I need to complete this, and will any frame work in the front need to be done?

No frame work necessary, everything you need to do the swap is a bolt on. But you need everything from the doors forward to do it, hood, fenders, hood latch support, front valance, bumper, bumper brackets and grille.

I've cloned my '74 Duster over to a '71 Demon. Takes a little more work than a '72, had to deal with the rear shock mount bumper. And I swapped the tail panel too. You can see it in my build thread

Before
IMG_3619.jpg

After
img_4756-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

The whole build thread is here
My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

With exception of the A-body Barracuda, you can swap the entire front clip of any of the A-bodies. That's how Scamps and Demons came about anyway, from the firewall forward the chassis is the same. The later ones are a little harder because of the shock mount bumpers, but other than that it's all bolt on.

Duster with a '68 Dart front
01616_h8AtzZmPr2E_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
No frame work necessary, everything you need to do the swap is a bolt on. But you need everything from the doors forward to do it, hood, fenders, hood latch support, front valance, bumper, bumper brackets and grille.

I've cloned my '74 Duster over to a '71 Demon. Takes a little more work than a '72, had to deal with the rear shock mount bumper. And I swapped the tail panel too. You can see it in my build thread

Before
View attachment 1715146408
After
View attachment 1715146409

The whole build thread is here
My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

With exception of the A-body Barracuda, you can swap the entire front clip of any of the A-bodies. That's how Scamps and Demons came about anyway, from the firewall forward the chassis is the same. The later ones are a little harder because of the shock mount bumpers, but other than that it's all bolt on.

Duster with a '68 Dart front
View attachment 1715146413

That's pretty sweet, I was guessing some of them had those capabilities. Now I just gotta find a front end off any of those cars. Or buy new I suppose.

-
Back