swapping Dart Body

-

68DartBoy

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a new dodge car that I could swap a 68 Dart onto. I was thinking that swapping the body onto a Avenger or something if it can be done.

Thanks

That would be much more trouble than it's worth. The '68 Dart is an excellent platform to build on, anything from drag to street cruiser to full on road course handling - they can do it all.

Please don't butcher a classic #-o

FYI, The dart "body" is the whole car itself. You can only take off the diff/ leaf springs, as well ast the front K member and suspension. There is no frame to remove the body from. I have seen a Dart placed on a Blazer frame. I thought that was kinda cool. But I am pretty sure that you couldn't take a body of a dart and place it on an avenger frame, because they too have no frame. So what Are you going to place it one?!?!?!

further more, I don't think any new cars have frames anymore. They are all unibodies ( the car is the frame)

The track width and wheel base would be difficult to match up to newer stuff. Anything with a reasonable track width is going to have too short of a wheelbase. I should say will "likely" have too short of a wheelbase.

well I dont know what year avenger you are talking if it is the lx platform then it is probally too wide. is the frame on the dart bad? if so you could always build a full frame and attach it to the body but this is expensive and time consuming there is also a company that makes repair rails for the a bodies I think its called "auto rust technicians". just some optoins keep us posted.

-
Back