Swapping in a big block

-
Alright, we just got off on the wrong foot. I didn't mean to insult anybody, I just felt like some of the answers I was getting were- thats not gonna work, you won't make that much power, its gonna cost too much, that car is too weak blah blah. There have been quite a few really good and helpful answer, but some have been a little pessimistic. As to being misleading or whatever, I have been told by a few people that the rear would handle it, I didn't think it would, I wanted to check with the Mopar people that know, like I said, I have always built Buicks and GMs, a few Fords here and there, this is my first Mopar build. I planned on stepping up to an aftermarket rear all along, but I wanted to know about the stocker. MRTires24, sorry dude, I didn't mean to confuse you. I just didn't list it all. I did not go for the ears, I was told that the interlocking Schumacher mounts were sufficient. I want to keep this build as simple as possible. The Scamp is a running dricing stocker right now. I have the following-
383 HP block std bore
12.5:1 pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
Lunati Cam- 298 in, 308 ex, .600 lift solid roller
906 heads, getting ready to be ported and polished and built with race-flo valves
Edelbrock torker intake, ported for nitrous (only if I need it)
May run victor or indy heads if the 906s don't make the power
Desktop dyno puts this motor in between 650 and 700 hp, I have found that when you use the right specs, this software has been within 10 hp every time.
BG220 fuel pump
Nitrous Works 220 hp shot
Chassisworks ladder bars
Schumacher mounts and strap
S&W Race Cars 10-point cage
Strange S60 (talked with them today)
We are going to build frame connectors
727 with TCI internals
Centerline 15x10 Fuel rear. 15x4 fronts
Toyo 10" slicks with 4" front runners

That is about all i have right now. I know we can put it together, I just wanted to see what some of you have done and my questions have been answered now. I really just wanted input on the motor mounts, and I got them ordered. Sorry if I offended or irritated anybody. I do appreciate the help, Thanks. Hope this gives you a fresh perspective of my plans.

Anyways, I appreciate all the help. If anything arises I will holler back. I will try to keep you updated as it progresses.

sign up over at bigblockdart.com, you will find all your info there. if you have factory big bolt pattern discs, thats all you need. if it will be drag only i would stick i na set of slant 6 torsion bars, dont bother putting ladder bars on the factory rear even if it is an 8 1/4, they can take some abuse, but a drag only big block car will break it, especially if you leave hard enough to actually need ladder bars. if you have every intention of putting 700 hp to the ground step up to a dana 60. i really dont think you will be over 530hp with that combo. im just not seeing it.

-
Back