Swapping Power to Manual Steering

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im going to be swapping my car out from power steering to manual steering. Its a 71 Scamp, I know I need a manual box and a different column. My question is will the manual column just bolt right into place? Also the set up Im looking at came out of a 68 cuda. From what I read everything should swap over. Please give me your opinions. Thanks

you can keep your column if you wanted. just need the adapter from firm feel. it is a splined adapter that makes your power column the same length as a manual column. flaming river sells one too if i recall correctly.

Hi everyone. Im going to be swapping my car out from power steering to manual steering. Its a 71 Scamp, I know I need a manual box and a different column. My question is will the manual column just bolt right into place? Also the set up Im looking at came out of a 68 cuda. From what I read everything should swap over. Please give me your opinions. Thanks

Not an opinion, fact. Bolts right in as long as you have the correct length column and coupler. Did it on my 68 cuda.

Well I appreciate all the responses but this is why I want to get rid of my power steering and auto shift column. First my steering box needs a complete rebuild, very sloppy! If Im going through the work of removing it I might as well lighten the car and free up some horse power. Eventually I want to drag race this car and I dont mind driving a car with manual steering. As for the column it has the shifter on the column, I dont want a floor shift with that column. I would rather get the correct style in there. That is why I want to remove the stuff that is in there.

-
Back