Sway Bar End Links Lengths

-

Mojoe9955

Reaction score
I found this sway bar in the trunk of my 74 Duster project. Of course I want to use it but I need end links.
I have some left overs that are pretty long. I'm thinking of cutting them down to the correct length... I'll have to thread them of course. It is a stock smallblock suspension.
Anyone know the correct length? Any pros/cons of length differences?
Thanks

17074896486322476675910701588194.jpg

17074898929868581300118742806489.jpg

Mount it up, and use whatever length end links make the sway bar ends parallel to the ground when at ride height.

Like the Professor said, mock it up, buy a longer or shorter bolt as needed to set the height then trim the separator tube as needed.

Upon further investigation I found that the suspension had no sway bar tabs on LCA. So the project is back on the back burner. I'll look for some aftermarket bolt on taps or fab my own based on the the aftermarket sway bar set up on my 70 Duster.
Thanks

Last edited:
Upon further investigation I found olthat the suspension had no sway bar tabs on LCA. So the project is back on the back burner. I'll look for some aftermarket bolt on taps or fab my own based on the the aftermarket sway bar set up on my 70 Duster.
Thanks
I have a pair of tabs they bolt through lower shock mounting bolt

All you need is a heavy (like, 1/4" thick) right angle bracket to mount on the shock bolt.

The proper length of the end links is whatever makes the arms of the bar parallel to the ground. If you use threaded rod you can adjust them to whatever length is needed by turning the nuts.

I have a pair of tabs they bolt through lower shock mounting bolt
those are designed for an aftermarket bar and while they might work, they won't be ideal for a stock 73~76 bar and likely cause binding. the stock bar mounts further inboard (and higher) from the shock bolt.

the hotch or firmfeel (or fab your own) weld in tabs are the way to go.

or an aftermarket bar, which would included all the mounting hardware and come in a variety of sizes.

Oh yeah, I wasn't paying attention that it's a 74...

Here's what I've got. These are leftover from the hellwig bar we installed. Also attached the hellwig instruction showing how it's used.

Screenshot_20240211_174310_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_174328_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_174238_Samsung Notes.jpg

-
Back