Sway bar kit??

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
I’m looking to make my car handle a little better. I just got a 360 in it’s making some pretty good power now. I know when I get my new torque converter in it’s not going to hook up and it’s going to kick sideways when I launch. I’m thinking some sway bars will help. Anyone have a swag bar kit they recommend??

I'm ASSUMING by your avatar you're talking about a '67 Dart? If you just got a 360 into it, does that mean it was originally a /6 or 273? First order of business getting it to handle is upping the ante on your torsion bars, then getting an anti-sway bar and better shocks to compliment your t-bar choice. Lots of choices out there, including but not limited to: PST, BAC, Hotchkiss, Firm Feel, etc. Most even have upgrade packages to get you to your goal. Talk to them, and I'm sure others here have their personal favorites, too.
And don't forget- all the upgrades in the world won't do you a speck of good if the rest of your front end isn't up to snuff first- i.e. ball joints, bushings, etc.

Last edited:
you can start out with just sway bars and they'll make a huge difference. do you know if the car has or ever had a front sway bar? you can look at the lower control arms and see if the tabs are there. if so, a stock front bar or a larger than stock one that uses the original tabs is quick and relatively easy. do you have disk brakes? stock or ?? are the calipers on the front or back of the rotor? maybe post some pics of your setup. HOTCHKIS makes a great kit i think can be bolted on but instructions say to weld the brackets. FIRM FEEL is good too and should bolt in. lots of others out there too. lots of THREADS here too

good luck

Last edited:
And if your concern is "it’s going to kick sideways when I launch", you probably have some sorting to do on your rear suspension; leaf spring bushings/new leaf springs, adjustable shocks, pinion snubber or other traction aid- get it to hook straight.
I love spending other people's money..!

I know when I get my new torque converter in it’s not going to hook up and it’s going to kick sideways when I launch.

And if your concern is "it’s going to kick sideways when I launch", you probably have some sorting to do on your rear suspension; leaf spring bushings/new leaf springs, adjustable shocks, pinion snubber or other traction aid- get it to hook straight.
I love spending other people's money..!
ya, seriously, why is it going to get squirrely just from a new TC? :popcorn:

I have @PST front and rear sway bars and I think they work great! If you want sway bars and aren't going for super crazy power, trying to get specific 1/4 mile racing, or a specific autocross setup I'm sure you will be fine with any of the aftermarket sway bar options in any of the price ranges or from any of the companies.

Thanks for the reply. It’s never had any sway bars on it. I’ll look into the ones you mentioned
you can start out with just sway bars and they'll make a huge difference. do you know if the car has or ever had a front sway bar? you can look at the lower control arms and see if the tabs are there. if so, a stock front bar or a larger than stock one that uses the original tabs is quick and relatively easy.

Because if I leave the line with my current set up it gets squirrely. Leaving with more rpm will make it worse.
generally a sway bar is going to limit weight transfer which will make it not launch as well. i think you need to figure out why it's already wanting to step out on you. have you posted anything in the RACERS FORUM? tell them what your setup is and what it's doing

generally a sway bar is going to limit weight transfer which will make it not launch as well. i think you need to figure out why it's already wanting to step out on you. have you posted anything in the RACERS FORUM? tell them what your setup is and what. I don’t think the sway bar is going to prevent the car from getting squirrelly. I think it should make it easier for when I’m correcting the car. Lifting isn’t an option lol

-
Back