Sway bar with ss leaf springs

-

russhal

Reaction score
Quick question, has anyone ever used a rear sway bar with SS springs? I'm replacing my torsion bars and adding a front sway bar. I know if I add the rear bar, it will keep the ss spring from having full travel under power. But, I have the light ss springs because of the ride height, not for drag racing. Car needs control on the street under throttle. Everything is new on the front end but the torsion bars.(original \6 bars)

yeah i have a 1968 barracuda with a 8 3/4 i have rear SS suspension and i have a rear sway bar...

ARE you looking for photos for reference ....

I'm running two passenger-side, 2800lbs SS springs with a 1 inch lowering block out back, and a pair of 1 inch torsion bars in the front on my 1968 Barracuda convertible. I have FirmFeels sway bars front and rear. The car is very well balanced, handles like its on rails , rides beautifully and does dead hook in the right street conditions once the 265-60/15's Nitto Drag Radials are warm. The car does have Koni's all the way around and has the complete USCartool chassis stiffening kit w/ subframe connectors and a 4-point roll bar.

Keep in mind this is with 3.91 gears, a 4 speed automatic with a 2.76 to 1 first gear ratio and a 3000rpm stall converter hooked to a 408" injected Magnum with just under 500 hp.

I'm very happy with the overall balance of the car.

Thanks jbc426. I'm running the 2800 lbs ss springs with a Lh and Rh spring. 408 la that I plan on adding 4 speed auto later but really want fuel injection first. 2.94 gears in the rear with a 727 right now. The engine just doesn't seem to care that it's under geared

-
Back