sway bars

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting the 73-76 front disk brakes on my 67 dart gt and my sway bar won't work.Is there an aftermarket sway bar kit that will work?
Thanks
Mike

Sure it will! All you need to do is install the spindle and caliper from the left side on the right and right on the left. The caliper pointing to the rear will give you the clearance you need.

I saw on bigblock.com that a few people have used the stock sway bar and just removed the spacer and no clearance problems,so I'm going to try that first.
Thanks
Mike

I have an after market swaybar and have 74 discbrakes with no problem

What aftermarket sway bar is it?
Mike

sorry dart67 but i was just about to post somehting similar and rather than start a new thread thought i'd jump in...

i have a 68 barracuda with 74 dart brakes...basically the same thing as dart67. after swapping out the left/right calipers does anything else need to be done...brake lines fit, etc? anyone have pics of the swaybar attachments?

Here are some pics I hope, been having troubles posting pictures.

Copy of PDRM0414.JPG

Copy of PDRM0416.JPG

Thanks JLP...it really helps to be able to actually see them installed...now i can compare to mine when i get home!

I would think that removing the spacers as shown in the pictures would create some binding in the front end. Could adversly effect handling but will very likely cause a mounting bracket to break over time.

The kit did not come with spacers. The bar is installed per instructions from the Quickor. This is a large bar (1.25"). I have thought abot putting a small spacer in. I may try it and see how that affects handling. As of now it handles very nicely, almost no body roll.

I cut the spacer short and don't have any clearance problems.
Mike

-
Back