Swinger and Scamp differences

-

Randy72

Reaction score
I bought a 74 Scamp last October that had the front seat belts removed. I have an ad in A-bodies but I also check on E-bay for belts. When I find a set that looks right, on e-bay, I fill in the make and year chart for 74 Scamp and it says not compatible. When I say 74 dart Swinger it says they are compatible. I thought a Scamp was the same as a Swinger. My 72 Swinger has a shoulder strap that clips to the roof. I think my 74 Scamp Has retractable three point belts. Does anyone know what other year and makes have the same belts as my 74 Scamp? Thanks.

I don't know of any differences that might pertain to the seat belts. Try putting in '74 Valiant and see what happens.
C

Haynes repair manuals cover dart, demon and valiant 67'-76' makes no mention of scamp if it's any help. I would sure think they were alike but I have to say I don't think I've ever seen one in person.

I bought a 74 Scamp last October that had the front seat belts removed. I have an ad in A-bodies but I also check on E-bay for belts. When I find a set that looks right, on e-bay, I fill in the make and year chart for 74 Scamp and it says not compatible. When I say 74 dart Swinger it says they are compatible. I thought a Scamp was the same as a Swinger. My 72 Swinger has a shoulder strap that clips to the roof. I think my 74 Scamp Has retractable three point belts. Does anyone know what other year and makes have the same belts as my 74 Scamp? Thanks.

This is because the person listing the item doesn't include scamp when they write the ad. Darts and Scamps are identical when it comes to seat belts.

Another member PM me and said 74-76 were the same, so I'll go with that. Thanks for the replys. Randy

-
Back