Swinger hood scoop stud question

-

70dart

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if the studs for the twin swinger hood scoops are the same as the studs used on the rear quarter panel extensions or are they different?

I am not sure but I have seen reproduction hood scoop stud kits for those scoops on ebay!

yes I was trying to avoid having to buy them and I do have extra quarter panel extensions with studs in them and I was hoping they were the same. Anybody out there know if they are or not?

I can't help you out with the stud question, however I'm wondering if you've found a source for the nuts? I'm looking for a few for my quarter panel extensions and I haven't found ones yet that are similar (style wise) to the orginal nuts.

marker%20light%20and%20quarter%20panel%20extension%20nuts%202.jpg
he hollow nuts (left in the pictures) hold the marker lights (front & rear) onto the car while the other hold the quarter panel extensions on.

marker%20light%20and%20quarter%20panel%20extension%20nuts.jpg
//members.shaw.ca/roberts.chris/marker light and quarter panel extension nuts 2.jpg[/img]

I don't remember those fasteners as it was a while ago that I removed mine. These look fairly common a hardware or automotive store should be able to match you up, but your dodge dealer should have them. I am work now but if you send me a reminder I will look up the part number for you in my parts catalogue tomorrow when I get home.

I have a set of the reproduction scoops and their studs. The studs supplied by the kit vendor are aluminum, with a 1/4-20 thread to screw into the scoop, a small flange, and then a 10-24 thread about 3/4 inch long to go through the hood. They appear to be a special part.

Hope this helps!

-
Back