Swinger "SPECIAL" Emblem Restoration

-

vames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm tired at looking at the faded "SPECIAL" emblem on my 72 Swinger (see the red picture below). I thought about trying to paint the faded parts, but with my art skills it would look terrible. They certainly don't sell any repops for these and used ones are either rare or as faded as mine.

So I'm looking into having a super high quality sticker printed that would fill the outer frame. I made a vector file (the font is Hellenic Wide JF) and I'm working with a place that can print a super high quality sticker (UV and weather resistant with strong adhesive) in the exact 3 5/16" x 17/32 dimension to fit in the frame of the emblem. It'll have a matte metallic background and black lettering like the original. I'm waiting for the print guy to do a sample and I have no idea what the production price will be, but I'm pretty sure it will be cheap. I only need two but I'm sure he'll want me to order a quantity.

I know this isn't the most coveted Mopar emblem, but I'm sure there are people out there that might be interested in getting something that can bring the old ones back to life. If/when I get them, I'll be willing to sell them to FABO folks for actual cost + a postal stamp.

I just need to know what kind of interest there will be so I know how many to have made. Drop me a pm if you are interested just so I can count who's interested. If they come out crappy, I won't hold you to it!

(Mods -- I don't have anything in hand to sell yet and don't know what the price will be, so I posted this here. I will post a for sale listing once they are actually for sale).

Special.PNG

Special 2.jpg

For anybody still interested in these, I have a for sale thread in the Exterior section.

I've sent out 9 sets so far and still have 11 sets to sell. Mine shows some relief from the old lettering beneath the sticker - something that can be remedied by sanding the surface before applying the sticker.

special before.jpg

special after.jpg

-
Back