Swinging for Divorce…

-
X3 on the above, at least in my world. I don't know how the humidity stacks up between WA and MO, but the local pole barn guys here told me to not completely seal up the shop. It needs some air flow to avoid turning into a swamp with soggy cardboard and rust on everything.

That said, if I had your shop I'd put in a mini-split like this for heat in the winter (I set mine at 50 then turn it up when I go out there) and A/C in the summer. I'd also do a wood stove - there's no substitute for wood heating.

View attachment 1716192420

You can solve your leaky sliding barn door issue as follows. The gap on my door is about 1.5". I made plywood strips about 6" wide and cut to fit the height of the door. It took two 6' pieces for each side of my 12' door. Then I put 3/4" foam pipe insulation on one edge and secured it with a staple gun and then a strip of duct tape on both sides. This is a gasket for the door gap, it takes no time to slip them in when I close the door and they do a credible job of stopping the cold air from coming in to get pushed out of the ridge vent via convection. I use homemade door snakes to close off the floor gap. I'm sure there is a better way to do this but these things are cheap, easy, and work pretty well.

View attachment 1716192421

View attachment 1716192422

This door trick looks like a fantastic idea!

I lived in Mo.37years and have built and/or had built probably at least a dozen pole barns and 2 indoor arenas one was 50 x 100 and other was 60 x 90. Pole builders like to out down a sheet of whats it called ? as a moisture barrier under the roof tin. Real thin like maybe 1/8 in. thick. Sorta thin foam looking material/ Of course, this is the bldg. goes up not after!

I agree a garage or even home can be built too air tight but hard to do suck with a pole barn! I had a guy back in Mo. that built his own home and he admitted he did too good a job and it was airtight and could have some condensation. I have never seen one that good ever! It only gets really cold here in S E Tx. a few times during the winter. Cold today, about 17 this A M and winds about 20 and I am glad we have no air leaks in the home (except the darn sliding patio door!) cause a heat pump is not good in cold!!!!

The heat pump at my office building sucks when it’s to cold like this week… it also sucks in the middle of summer when it’s very hot and humid outside.

It should get warmer this weekend and next and I’ll keep sealing away on my barn. It’s already a good 10-15 degrees warmer than it is outside and warms up pretty quick with the propane jet engine heaters lol

Box fans? I’ll do something up there to keep air moving around.

One of the tips I got from a local yokel when I moved up here, for an uninsulated shop, is to keep the air moving to avoid cardboard rot and rust of everything. That worked for me using two box fans on a timer for about two hours every afternoon. When I went to insulation and heat, I used two of these bad boys to push the hot air back down to the work area instead of letting it sit up at the ceiling. They are a no-joke game changer. I ran l-o-n-g wiring to get the controllers down at floor level for the varied speed control. I wish I'd run wires for reversing the fan direction also but it's too late now. I can live with the downdraft rotation.

Amazon.com

One of the tips I got from a local yokel when I moved up here, for an uninsulated shop, is to keep the air moving to avoid cardboard rot and rust of everything. That worked for me using two box fans on a timer for about two hours every afternoon. When I went to insulation and heat, I used two of these bad boys to push the hot air back down to the work area instead of letting it sit up at the ceiling. They are a no-joke game changer. I ran l-o-n-g wiring to get the controllers down at floor level for the varied speed control. I wish I'd run wires for reversing the fan direction also but it's too late now. I can live with the downdraft rotation.

Amazon.com

Yeah I have always used fans in the garage during the summer but this summer I want it to be much more comfortable with insulation and air. As I get older I lose the ability to kill myself in the extreme weather. :p

Oh look at what I found… 50 bucks… it’s fiberglass repop but I don’t have anything 6pack, so it’s a wall ornament. No lid, so I’ll have to find a cheap lead now

He’s an older gentleman, maybe mid to late 60s, is cleaning out his shop or garage because he may have to move in the next 6 months to a year. He took down my phone number because he said he has a lot more mopar stuff I’ll probably be interested in.

Guy said he sold a plum crazy 71 convertible cuda in California a couple years ago before he moved out here. Dang, that would be a nice car to have.

IMG_6117.png

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

it’s been a long couple weeks. Haven’t done **** outside. Maybe tomorrow I can work on the shop a bit.

I’ve been trying to get stuff done at the office. We are trying to get 3D printing going in the office and placing Implants. I can 3D print crowns, veneers, Dentures and Partial dentures and even implant retained dentures.

so here is what I was doing for 5 hours today.

IMG_6245.jpeg

6272245A-5EA0-4693-B112-D94102F9D426.jpeg

Last edited:
I will say, there are a lot of people in the Midwest who need dental care and not a million dentists all over.
Like I told ya Doc, there are some of the best people in the country in Mo. and not ever one ( most are far from wealthy) is wealthy in terms of $.
There is a shortage of good dentists (and large animal vets) here in S E Tx too!

Getting there… will spray foam the cracks on the 2nd half tomorrow. Then I’ll have to figure out roof at some point.

I’m gonna get some of these tags as well.

IMG_6291.jpeg

IMG_6290.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6304.png

IMG_6305.png

IMG_6306.png

Well… too bad my wife keeps telling me no when I ask to borrow some money… this thing just popped up 20 minutes from me and it looks to be a really good build. Could probably get it for 40-45k

There’s a black GTS for sale as well, 45k has a 408 blueprint motor in it.

1970 Plymouth Cuda

IMG_6314.png

IMG_6312.png

IMG_6310.png

IMG_6313.png

IMG_6311.png

IMG_6317.png

Doc...

You got the fever bad.

Best to take deep breaths and about 100 steps back.

Put your covid mask over your eyes!

And say happy wife happy life 10 times

Doc...

You got the fever bad.

Happy wife happy life? I think that phrase is fake, women are never happy. :poke::rofl:

I’m always perusing Facebook marketplace for deals. Mopars, tractors, side by sides, maybe a cheap house or some acres. You never know what will pop up.

Gold fever....mopar fever.... just bad fever???? Find a local Mo. native tightass Mopar guy for an advisor!!!!

Have a couple of "keepers" that YOU KEEP an the have some cheap
trading" cars for your fever!!! Cheaper than trading in wives every 5-10 years!!!

Gold fever....mopar fever.... just bad fever???? Find a local Mo. native tightass Mopar guy for an advisor!!!!

Have a couple of "keepers" that YOU KEEP an the have some cheap
trading" cars for your fever!!! Cheaper than trading in wives every 5-10 years!!!

I don’t know any of the old mopar wrenching guys. I think they are a tight knit “good ol boys” club anyways.

I’m keeping them all though. Gonna fill the field with cars, deer and cows.

Shop walls 90% done. A couple spots behind the wood benches that didn’t get any spray foam. Who ever built the benches secured them to the wall with nails instead of screws though.

IMG_6319.jpeg

IMG_6320.jpeg

I don’t know any of the old mopar wrenching guys. I think they are a tight knit “good ol boys” club anyways.

I’m keeping them all though. Gonna fill the field with cars, deer and cows.
Go FB and look up Bert Nipper, he is just N of Buffalo. Unless he movd. A grass fire burned up lots of his bone cars 10years ago. Lifelong Mopar guy. He knows everyone worth knowing. His name is Brent but he is NOT a computer guy and has lost his original webpage and thus Bert!. :thumbsup: And I think his typing speed might be like 4 words per half hour

:BangHead::poke:

AS they say in Springfield, it is a fairly large country small town. As you have learned, very conservative in nature. The American War Between the States ended about 180 yeas ago, but not really there. Takes time to prove to the locals you are a good guy and not a spy from the North!!

Doc...

You got the fever bad.

That black cuda dropped to 45k obo and my wife won’t let me borrow any money to go buy it :elmer:

-
Back