Switch to a bigger blower.

-

slowdown

Reaction score
So summers almost here again. And I'm kicking around the idea of putting a 671 on my car an selling my b&m 162? At least that's what I think it is. Anyone know the estimated price of adding one of these 671 blowers. I realize I'll have to get 2 new carbs an some missalaniouse stuff. I'm thinking I can sell my supercharger an carb on eBay an recoop a large part of the upgrade. I've been looking at dyers an they seem real reasonable in kit form. Any input. Oh yeah an another hood lol.

Thanks, figured somewhere around there closer to the plus side. Now I just have to commit to it.

Thanks, figured somewhere around there closer to the plus side. Now I just have to commit to it.
Above posts, are initial costs... Unless you are wealthy, think about it.... It seems likely and foolish , to me....Just, ...my opine.,

what would be the advantage of the bigger blower...more boost?
when you build the engine, what did you build it for?

(just considering the snowball option, shoot, now im putting in more boost then my pistons can handle, so now i need a new bottom end)

How much is the setup from Dyers?

Somewhere around $3500-3800 I believe. Closer to $4,000 after shipping.

Add another $100+ for an SFI Balancer, plus labor to have the crank and balancer cut for double key ways.

Another $800+ for a pair of carburetors.

Then you're going to need a longer throttle cable and a dual quad carb linkage setup. I ended up building my own linkage and used a 70's Dodge Truck throttle cable on my Blown Duster.

There's some other stuff I'm forgetting, but you can figure $5000-6000 easily

Just do it! I beat the crap out my blower car.

OOPS_zps40ac966d.JPG

I gathered parts for my blown 354 early Hemi build a few years ago... used a stock Jimmy 6-71 that I had converted to gas. Had the whole deal built for less than $2K...
mojo's hemi.jpg

-
Back